S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Bluetooth audio changing tracks with/without Siri

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2023, 09:19 PM

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
2020 S560 4Matic
Bluetooth audio changing tracks with/without Siri

So I see that without CarPlay I can still select music on my phone. Is it because it’s downloaded? And change tracks etc. But if I use Siri on the same connection it doesn’t work. I can see a list of music but can’t change it.
Old 11-20-2023, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 666 Likes on 522 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
For siri you need apple car play active as far as I know.
Old 11-21-2023, 08:26 AM

2020 S560 4Matic
Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg
For siri you need apple car play active as far as I know.
Well I think it’s impressive that the S class can browse an iPhone library WITHOUT a CarPlay connection. Just over Bluetooth. I’ve never seen a car that can do that. It could be because I download all my music and it treats it like an iPod.

Sometimes I want to use CarPlay. Usually when the BMW driver is in the car. Sometimes I don’t.
Old 11-21-2023, 10:33 AM

Received 223 Likes on 132 Posts
'20 GLS450, '17 S550 Sedan
I use Siri frequently in my 2017 W222 (non-CarPlay), connected via Bluetooth. It's important to note, however, that "HEY SIRI" does not work without CarPlay. This is fine with me, since I have "Hey Siri" disabled on my phone anyway... (it came on loudly during a funeral once, and that was that).

So when I say I use Siri, I mean that I press the button on the right side of my iPhone (which I always keep in the cup holder, so it's easy to reach). This initiates Siri, which I then usually use for dictating text messages while driving.

For example, I press the right iPhone button for about one full second to initiate Siri, then I say something like "Text David Jensen." Then Siri responds through the car with "What do you want to say to David Jensen?" Then I can dictate whatever I want, and once I stop speaking, Siri will send the message!

This same procedure will work for anything else that Siri can do.

Hope that helps!

The following users liked this post:
carlosinseattle (11-21-2023)
Old 11-21-2023, 01:04 PM

2020 S560 4Matic
Originally Posted by mercedesbuff
I use Siri frequently in my 2017 W222 (non-CarPlay), connected via Bluetooth. It's important to note, however, that "HEY SIRI" does not work without CarPlay. This is fine with me, since I have "Hey Siri" disabled on my phone anyway... (it came on loudly during a funeral once, and that was that).

So when I say I use Siri, I mean that I press the button on the right side of my iPhone (which I always keep in the cup holder, so it's easy to reach). This initiates Siri, which I then usually use for dictating text messages while driving.

For example, I press the right iPhone button for about one full second to initiate Siri, then I say something like "Text David Jensen." Then Siri responds through the car with "What do you want to say to David Jensen?" Then I can dictate whatever I want, and once I stop speaking, Siri will send the message!

This same procedure will work for anything else that Siri can do.

Hope that helps!
You can press the voice button on the steering wheel an extra 3-5 seconds to talk to Siri on my 2020 S560.