S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

List/thread outlining what the US models don't get that the EU models do...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2023, 11:31 PM

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Looking: S450/S560 2018-2020
List/thread outlining what the US models don't get that the EU models do...?

Is there a list/thread outlining what the US models of the S550 and S560 don't get (software deleted...?) - that the EU (and elsewhere...?) models do?

Or is it just really the headlight functions?

Last edited by polo1; 11-25-2023 at 12:02 AM.
The following users liked this post:
kafklatsch (11-25-2023)
Old 11-25-2023, 09:59 AM

Received 223 Likes on 132 Posts
'20 GLS450, '17 S550 Sedan
A few off the top of my head, to get things started...
  • Intelligent Lighting System (ILS+) -- fully adaptive allowing driver to enjoy high beam everywhere, except in the exact position of vehicles ahead, to avoid dazzling other drivers.
  • Rapid Flashing Rear Hazards -- uses rear bumper radar sensor to determine imminent danger of being rear ended and alerts incoming vehicle (Part of PRE-SAFE)
  • Rapid Flashing Brake Lights -- to warn following drivers of strong vehicle braking, thereby reducing risk of being rear ended when speed decreases rapidly.
  • Rear Seat Belt Usage Indicator -- shows in driver display who is buckled in rear and warns of unbuckling en route.
  • Rear Fog Lamp -- hardware is missing in U.S. vehicles
  • Amber Rear Turn Signal -- The thin clear segment of our U.S. tail lamp housing is an amber turn signal in most of the rest of the world.
  • Storage Compartment under front seat for fire extinguisher -- hardware is missing in U.S. vehicles.
  • Warning Triangle in trunk -- collapsible reflective triangle mounted on underside of trunk lid, to be used when stopped on the roadside.
  • Reflective Emergency Vests -- required to be worn in parts of the world, when changing a tire or otherwise broken down on the roadside.

I have had the lighting functionality (ILS+, Flashing Brake Lamps, etc.) coded in both my vehicles, to work as they do in Europe. I strongly recommend... ILS+ is truly awesome.

I'm sure there are several other items that are different in the W222 elsewhere in the wold. I'm looking forward to seeing what others can remember...

The following 3 users liked this post by mercedesbuff:
C Swenson (11-28-2023), carlosinseattle (11-27-2023), polo1 (11-25-2023)
Old 11-25-2023, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by mercedesbuff
A few off the top of my head, to get things started...
  • Intelligent Lighting System (ILS+) -- fully adaptive allowing driver to enjoy high beam everywhere, except in the exact position of vehicles ahead, to avoid dazzling other drivers.
  • Rapid Flashing Rear Hazards -- uses rear bumper radar sensor to determine imminent danger of being rear ended and alerts incoming vehicle (Part of PRE-SAFE)
  • Rapid Flashing Brake Lights -- to warn following drivers of strong vehicle braking, thereby reducing risk of being rear ended when speed decreases rapidly.
  • Rear Seat Belt Usage Indicator -- shows in driver display who is buckled in rear and warns of unbuckling en route.
  • Rear Fog Lamp -- hardware is missing in U.S. vehicles
  • Amber Rear Turn Signal -- The thin clear segment of our U.S. tail lamp housing is an amber turn signal in most of the rest of the world.
  • Storage Compartment under front seat for fire extinguisher -- hardware is missing in U.S. vehicles.
  • Warning Triangle in trunk -- collapsible reflective triangle mounted on underside of trunk lid, to be used when stopped on the roadside.
  • Reflective Emergency Vests -- required to be worn in parts of the world, when changing a tire or otherwise broken down on the roadside.

I have had the lighting functionality (ILS+, Flashing Brake Lamps, etc.) coded in both my vehicles, to work as they do in Europe. I strongly recommend... ILS+ is truly awesome.

I'm sure there are several other items that are different in the W222 elsewhere in the wold. I'm looking forward to seeing what others can remember...
Recirculation button programming to close all windows when long pressed, and when pressed a second time it opens windows to their previous setting.

Who programmed your brake light flashing?
polo1 (11-25-2023)
Old 11-25-2023, 04:55 PM

Received 158 Likes on 92 Posts
All Cars Lost To Hurricane Isaac (W124 E420 revived - added 88 Allante 14 S550, 17 S63
Great thread question

While I am confident that there have been similar threads before. I have never seen one and I am very interested in the answers

good call

Originally Posted by polo1
Is there a list/thread outlining what the US models of the S550 and S560 don't get (software deleted...?) - that the EU (and elsewhere...?) models do?

Or is it just really the headlight functions?
polo1 (11-25-2023)
Old 11-27-2023, 11:12 PM

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Looking: S450/S560 2018-2020
Here is another list of technology features that are available on the 2018-2020 S Class.

I wonder how many of them are not available to those of us in the US.

Active Brake Assist with Pedestrian Detection (basic system)
Evasive Steering Assist
Active Brake Assist with Congestion emergency braking function
Active Brake Assist with Cross-Traffic Function
Blind Spot Assist (basic system) & Active Blind Spot Assist in Driving Assistance Package
Active Emergency Stop Assist
Active Lane Change Assist
Active Lane Keeping Assist (basic system) & Active Lane Keeping Assist in Driving Assistance Package
Active Parking Assist with rear cross traffic alert
Active Steering Assist
PRE-SAFEŽ PLUS
Car-to-X Communication
Remote Parking Assist - Getting out of narrow parking spaces
Remote Parking Assist - Exploration mode - Getting into parking spaces
Remote Parking Assist - Exploration mode - Getting out of parking spaces
Remote Parking Assist - Getting into narrow parking spaces
Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC - Route based speed adjustment
Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC - Active Speed Limit Assist
Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC - Extended automatic re-start