S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

Window chrome clean up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2024, 10:30 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
S550
Window chrome clean up

Is there a way or product to clean up the oxidation on my window chrome ? Looks pretty dull and spotty. I tired a Chrome cleaner (eagle one chrome polish) taped everything off last summer but it didt last long and back to the same state. Is there a prosses for this that works better> Polishing? compounds that are safe and effective?
Old 04-27-2024, 11:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2020 MB S560 4M, 2016 VW GTI 6MT
I have the same issue. The dealer just worked on mine, and it looks better, but I also fear it won’t last. I have a couple months left of warranty so I am hoping to get the trim replaced. This thread has some suggestions though. I haven’t tried them, but sounds promising, specifically, the combination of Griots Perfecting Cream and Torque Mirror Finish.
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ndow-trim.html
Old 04-27-2024, 11:31 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
S550
Originally Posted by 1787
I have the same issue. The dealer just worked on mine, and it looks better, but I also fear it won’t last. I have a couple months left of warranty so I am hoping to get the trim replaced. This thread has some suggestions though. I haven’t tried them, but sounds promising, specifically, the combination of Griots Perfecting Cream and Torque Mirror Finish.
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ndow-trim.html
Thanks !