S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

MagicVision Wipers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2024, 11:11 AM

Received 94 Likes on 70 Posts
2014 S63 2010 ML350 Bluetec 2009 SL550
MagicVision Wipers

Facing an upcoming road trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway (yahoo!) I thought it best to swap out the wipers on the S63. I was more than a little shocked to be quoted nearly $200 for a set of new blades. If ever there was a reason for FCP Euro, this is it (free lifetime replacements). I just put the new ones on and I gotta say, this is a another example of German Engineering run amok. Not only are the blades plumbed to deliver wiper fluid straight to the glass, but they also have heating elements inside!

Fitting for an S class I guess - MB leaves no problem (no matter how small) unsolved :-)
The following 2 users liked this post by TripleDown:
C Swenson (07-09-2024), Nice Ride (07-11-2024)
Old 07-09-2024, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 255 Posts
2016 S550, 2015 Honda Civic Hybrid
Heating elements inside the blades? There is a heating loop in the washer fluid reservoir, I wonder why they have heating in the blades too?
Old 07-09-2024, 12:30 PM

Received 137 Likes on 78 Posts
Mercedes S560
Originally Posted by TripleDown
Facing an upcoming road trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway (yahoo!) I thought it best to swap out the wipers on the S63. I was more than a little shocked to be quoted nearly $200 for a set of new blades. If ever there was a reason for FCP Euro, this is it (free lifetime replacements). I just put the new ones on and I gotta say, this is a anot1her example of German Engineering run amok. Not only are the blades plumbed to deliver wiper fluid straight to the glass, but they also have heating elements inside!1

Fitting for an S class I guess - MB leaves no problem (no matter how small) unsolved :-)
When we first discovered these wipers on our '18 S560, it was a big surprise - we have certainly enjoyed them.
An unexpected side effect, though - on a trip to Detroit for my wife's appointment, I called the area MB dealer to see if they could replace my blades. "Sure, c'mon in."
During the changeover, the mech let the passenger side wiper slip out of his hand -
BANG! Cracked windscreen!
It took several weeks for the Detroit dealer to get a new OEM windshield and then ship it our Cincinnati dealer for installation and calibration.

Old 07-10-2024, 12:41 AM

Received 95 Likes on 68 Posts
2016 S550
The box literally has a warning about cracking the windshield haha..

Anyways, I can confirm that FCP Euro is the way to go with getting genuine replacements at a fraction of the cost (shipping costs). I've had a set replaced already.
I like the idea of the magic vision blades, it's definitely good for not splashing/making a mess of washer fluid.. but their cleaning ability sucks, to be honest.. makes it so you use way more washer fluid to clean whatever bug/crap you have on your windshield vs the conventional way. It smears crap all over first, hence why it takes more fluid to clean lol
The following users liked this post:
Nice Ride (07-11-2024)
Old 07-10-2024, 12:54 AM

Received 232 Likes on 151 Posts
2001 S600 V12 Sold, 2011 Jaguar XFR Sold, 2017 S550 4-Matic, 2018 S63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by 95Sinned420
The box literally has a warning about cracking the windshield haha..

Anyways, I can confirm that FCP Euro is the way to go with getting genuine replacements at a fraction of the cost (shipping costs). I've had a set replaced already.
I like the idea of the magic vision blades, it's definitely good for not splashing/making a mess of washer fluid.. but their cleaning ability sucks, to be honest.. makes it so you use way more washer fluid to clean whatever bug/crap you have on your windshield vs the conventional way. It smears crap all over first, hence why it takes more fluid to clean lol
I wish Benzninja could program the extended wash feature into tour cars like the W223 cars have:
The following users liked this post:
Nice Ride (07-11-2024)
Old 07-10-2024, 03:54 AM

Received 95 Likes on 68 Posts
2016 S550
Originally Posted by carlosinseattle
I wish Benzninja could program the extended wash feature into tour cars like the W223 cars have
That does seem like it'll help a lot. Also, I'm not sure if they changed it in the facelifted models, but my wipers spray fluid as it wipes up, in the direction of the wipe and does not spray fluid as the wipers go back down. I noticed on some Magic Vision wipers videos that it sprays fluid in the opposite direction as the wiper wipes up, in a sense, leaving a trail of fluid and letting the crap soak in a bit longer, before the wiper wipes down onto them (like in your video). When I inspected the Magic Vision blades, there are holes on both ends and it seems like the car would be able to spray in either direction...perhaps a bit of programing?
Old 07-12-2024, 12:32 AM

Received 232 Likes on 151 Posts
2001 S600 V12 Sold, 2011 Jaguar XFR Sold, 2017 S550 4-Matic, 2018 S63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by 95Sinned420
That does seem like it'll help a lot. Also, I'm not sure if they changed it in the facelifted models, but my wipers spray fluid as it wipes up, in the direction of the wipe and does not spray fluid as the wipers go back down. I noticed on some Magic Vision wipers videos that it sprays fluid in the opposite direction as the wiper wipes up, in a sense, leaving a trail of fluid and letting the crap soak in a bit longer, before the wiper wipes down onto them (like in your video). When I inspected the Magic Vision blades, there are holes on both ends and it seems like the car would be able to spray in either direction...perhaps a bit of programing?
I have a 2018, which I refer to as W222-V2 because the differences are for more than skin deep. And no, the intensive cleaning feature isn't present. as far as whether it would help or not, It all kind of depends on where you live and how much you use them. I go through 5X the windshield cleaner my wife does, regardless of the car. I like always having a clean windshield, even if the car isn't clean, and 90% of the time I hold the stalk to get as much fluid on the windshield as possible. My wife didn't even know about the regular long hold feature until I showed it to her a few years ago...