S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

mbrace v. Mercedes Me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2024, 04:13 PM

Received 262 Likes on 179 Posts
2001 S600 V12 Sold, 2011 Jaguar XFR Sold, 2017 S550 4-Matic, 2018 S63 AMG Sedan
Hey @Camaroguy72 Which car are you trying to use it for?
Official app updated date was 7/25/2024.

I'm curretly using it for a 2018 S63. Worked fine until 7/31, then stopped working and I got system error message from 8/1 until around 8/10, now the app won't even open, after I accept the URLA, that's for the Androind device where I deleted the app.
Sill getting System Error message after providing sign in credentials on my other Android device, never deleted the app.
iPhoneX, the app works fine. Only difference from before the update is that I no longer receive any confirmation messages when performing a function, but functions still work. The app didn't work on that phone 7/28-8/1, FYI.
Old 08-12-2024, 04:19 PM

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
2019 GLC300, 2017 E300
Originally Posted by carlosinseattle
Hey @Camaroguy72 Which car are you trying to use it for?
Official app updated date was 7/25/2024.

I'm curretly using it for a 2018 S63. Worked fine until 7/31, then stopped working and I got system error message from 8/1 until around 8/10, now the app won't even open, after I accept the URLA, that's for the Androind device where I deleted the app.
Sill getting System Error message after providing sign in credentials on my other Android device, never deleted the app.
iPhoneX, the app works fine. Only difference from before the update is that I no longer receive any confirmation messages when performing a function, but functions still work. The app didn't work on that phone 7/28-8/1, FYI.
2017 w213 … trying on an iPhone 15 and since late June , before the mbrace update , everything worked except remote start. The app exits as soon as I click the button to get to the remote start screen
Old 08-12-2024, 04:57 PM

Received 149 Likes on 87 Posts
Mercedes S560
I am so happy I could cry.

I never once tried to utilize this kind of stuff on my '18 S560 after I bought it, and look at how easy life has been!
O FRABJOUS DAY! CALLLOOH! CALLAY!
HE CHORTLED IN HIS JOY.
Lewis Carroll, "Jabberwocky"

Old 08-12-2024, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 C300 Coupe
Fix for remote start crash

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg
Unfortunately with my 2018 the remote start just won't work. Everything else with the app works as it did but when I hit remote start on my iPhone 11 the app just disappears and goes back to the home screen. Must have had something to do with the most recent iPhone update that makes the phone now not compatible with the newly named Mbrace app. the app use to be called Mercedes Me. I also have the Mercedes Me Connect app on my iPhone for my 2019 E class wagon which that app works fine. I currently have IOS Version 17.5.1 on my iPhone and when I hit update it says the version is up to date. I keep hoping for a new update to become available with the iPhone and hope that will fix this issue as I probably would pay the extra couple hundred bucks for another 2 more years of the Brace on this car as the remote start does come in handy plus the wifi and the Tune in Radio stations, also the door lock unlock feature. I called MB customer service about this issue but they had no clue. Oh well at least I'll save a couple hundred bucks Aug 8th and not renew when my subscription runs out.
I was on the phone with Mercedes this morning. You need to go to the app menu and go to account profile and delete the account. Then register like it’s a new account. Get into the. car and close all windows, sunroof, and start it leave it running for a minute. Turn the car off, exit it, lock it and try the remote start and it should work. Mine did.
Old 08-12-2024, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 669 Likes on 525 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
I just discovered a way to remote start my 2018 S560 today. By using my iwatch 6 remote start works fine. I’ll try the fix above when I have time which will hopefully allow the remote start to work on my iPhone again. Everything else works on the iPhone but remote start. When I try to use that with the iPhone the app does a quick exit back to the Home Screen. I was wondering why the app was even working at all as I knew my subscription was set to expire aug 8th. What mb did was they auto renewed it as I noticed a 18 dollar charge on my Amex. So now they are charging me 18 dollars a month for the service. As long as I can keep the remote start working with my iwatch I’ll keep the service. The online search feature is good to have too along with the send to Benz feature and even lock/unlock. Sometimes I’ll get to a hotel and say to myself did I lock my car. With the lock feature I can just hit door lock and feel more confident the car is infact locked.
Old 08-12-2024, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Interesting the Remote Start is now working fine on my iPhone so there is hope after all, lol. I dunno if it's from using it earlier with my Iwatch or if MB has been tinkering with the app and now has it working correctly? Hopefully it will continue working.
Old 08-13-2024, 05:28 AM

2018 C300 Coupe
Coincidentally, my subscription just renewed the first week of August. The Remote Start on Mbrace stopped working for my 2018 C300c in early July. When I first called Mercedes they said that they were aware of the issue and engineers were working on it. I waited a month before calling again when they walked me through the above 'fix'.
Old 08-13-2024, 08:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Just goes to prove that mb customer service has no clue what they are doing. I was told twice the problem was with my phone. Now it turns out it was with their software all along. They had no problem with the fact they were still charging me good money for something that wasn’t working properly the past couple of months where if only they had looked the issue up or asked a manager they might have had some answers that it was on their end from switching from mb Mercedes me to mbrace that’s when the whole issue started. Maybe mb should hold back customer service reps paychecks a couple of months and see how they like that.
Old 08-13-2024, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by KDLady
I was on the phone with Mercedes this morning. You need to go to the app menu and go to account profile and delete the account. Then register like it’s a new account. Get into the. car and close all windows, sunroof, and start it leave it running for a minute. Turn the car off, exit it, lock it and try the remote start and it should work. Mine did.
What phone are you using???
Old 08-13-2024, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Lou B
I am so happy I could cry.

I never once tried to utilize this kind of stuff on my '18 S560 after I bought it, and look at how easy life has been!
O FRABJOUS DAY! CALLLOOH! CALLAY!
HE CHORTLED IN HIS JOY.
Lewis Carroll, "Jabberwocky"
.....said the blind man before he got hit by a train..

Lou, you're 91, so I'm always going to be deferrential to you - you've earned it though age and experience. However, it's obvious that you don't see the value in connected features. But some of us rely on these features, for me they truly makes a difference. Your post makes it seem like you're laughing us. Someone needs to pop your suspenders for laughing at other people's pain
Old 08-13-2024, 01:21 PM

Received 149 Likes on 87 Posts
Mercedes S560
.....said the blind man before he got hit by a train..

Lou, you're 91, so I'm always going to be deferrential to you - you've earned it though age and experience. However, it's obvious that you don't see the value in connected features. But some of us rely on these features, for me they truly makes a difference. Your post makes it seem like you're laughing us. Someone needs to pop your suspenders for laughing at other people's pain
Actually, I turned 92 two months ago --- Calloou, Callay!
No, I'm not laughing at what appeals to you all; it's your ball game and what appeals to each of you if you have it, that's all that matters. I am surprised at others' choices on occasion - I'll admit to that.
I can see where lots of folks do enjoy, and have enjoyed, things that won't and don't appeal to me, from strip steaks to Bourbon, touch pads (My preferences are lamb chops and Scotch and a mouse) and it doesn't bother me one bit to take another road, whether less traveled or not! In fact, I have on many an occasion gone deliberately down the other path - never had white bucks, always had b & w saddle shoes! Always wore my service hat in the army rather than the overseas cap if I could. That dates me pretty well.
You know, it's not what one can afford, it's what one wishes to spend his $$ on.
As you all age, and lose faculties and interest, it should not surprise you to find your tastes changing. I now only shave twice a week, and seldom even wear a tie to church anymore - both were de rigueur until maybe a year or so ago.
I much appreciate both your expressing your thoughts and for taking the time to express them!
All best!
The following users liked this post:
carlosinseattle (08-13-2024)
Old 08-15-2024, 04:28 PM

Still not working on Android, 21 days since the update, and 14 days since it stopped working for me.
Mbrace working fine with iPhone.
Old 08-16-2024, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by NickinVA
Hello! First post here, and thank you in advance. Just purchased a 2018 S560 (CPO). This model year seems to be in a bit of a black hole between mbrace and Mercedes Me. Anyone with a 2018 out there, what app are you using? Are the logins common between the two? What features work for you? Thank you!
Nick

app is working fine now. I do like having the entertain option which allows the in car WiFi to work and the online music streaming plus all the other feature. I thought for sure mb was pulling the plug on the cars that were running the mb connect it finally works just as it did since the name change to mbrace. They moved my rate to a monthly charge of 18 dollars a month before I’d paid 200 dollars for a couple of years which recently expired. I’m hoping maybe there is a similiar deal if I were to prepay it now for 2 or 3 more years. Anyone in the now about this? I’m trying to avoid calling mb customer service because they won’t know.
Old 08-16-2024, 01:51 AM

What phone are you using to get it to work? Also, when you say to delete the account, are you deleting it altogether, then starting with a new account? If so, how does it know to match your car to your credentials? And more importantly, how does it match previous payment history with the new account? Sorry to ask so much, but I want to be sure I understand before I delete my account.

Old 08-16-2024, 05:29 AM

2018 C300 Coupe
What phone are you using to get it to work? Also, when you say to delete the account, are you deleting it altogether, then starting with a new account? If so, how does it know to match your car to your credentials? And more importantly, how does it match previous payment history with the new account? Sorry to ask so much, but I want to be sure I understand before I delete my account.
I have an iPhone. Yes, Delete your Account under My Profile. When you open app, and click on Register, you start with VIN. I am assuming this is how it gets linked to my paid service. I am not sure this answers your question about 'credentials'. Access to previous Activity is lost but that is not an issue for me. I am the only one driving the car and I mostly use Remote Start since I live in FL.
Old 08-16-2024, 11:34 AM

I have an iPhone. Yes, Delete your Account under My Profile. When you open app, and click on Register, you start with VIN. I am assuming this is how it gets linked to my paid service. I am not sure this answers your question about 'credentials'. Access to previous Activity is lost but that is not an issue for me. I am the only one driving the car and I mostly use Remote Start since I live in FL.
It also works fine on my iPhone, but the Android version is still down. I didn't have to delete anything for mine to reset on my iPhone. IIRC it was only down for a day or so, then began working. The only change I've noticed is that it no longer gives a confirmation message when locking or unlocking.
Again, Android app is still down as of this morning. Hopefully that will change soon.
Old 08-16-2024, 09:32 PM

Android app back online and working as of this afternoon. I don't notice any difference except it is now asking for more permissions, including the right to send notifications. Also, can now sign in biometrically. I like that feature!

Last edited by carlosinseattle; 08-16-2024 at 09:37 PM.