S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

What month in general does the price change for used cars?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2024, 01:12 PM

Received 279 Likes on 193 Posts
2001 S600 V12 Sold, 2011 Jaguar XFR Sold, 2017 S550 4-Matic, 2018 S63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by S_W222
That S65 with its spec is just as good as any W222 would ever get… absolutely gorgeous. It’s not priced to sell though!!!! 120K? Wow… They are just hunting for someone who just doesn’t care about money but want that color, that color, same specs.
Like John said, it was originally priced at $180K, here in Seattle. I never drove it. I called the dealership and asked about the car when it was here last year. They aren't known for their flexibility, they cater to the Microsoft millionaire crowds...I'll just say it was a really short conversation
Old 08-04-2024, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 583 Likes on 425 Posts
222 S-65
Originally Posted by carlosinseattle
Like John said, it was originally priced at $180K, here in Seattle. I never drove it. I called the dealership and asked about the car when it was here last year. They aren't known for their flexibility, they cater to the Microsoft millionaire crowds...I'll just say it was a really short conversation

I inquired about it several times. They were well aware of being in a pickle with one they paid wayyy too much for assuming the market would continue to be strong. Alas... 223 comes out and those of means are after the latest shiny thing.... perhaps a Bentley. Majority of those swimming in that pond having several cars with two or more homes. Who would want one of that age but depreciation monkeys like myself?

I get to enjoy the benefits of a steep depreciation curve. There isn’t another way I’d be able to enjoy such a machine.
The following users liked this post:
MBNUT1 (08-06-2024)