S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

Placed my order today for the S580

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2020 | 05:35 PM

GLE 400
Originally Posted by Germancar1
Yep that is where they are going. It appears a lot more is standard now too?

M
Was anybody really even buying the S450 or S400d with no options anyway? Why would one do that?

Buying cheap versions of the S-class seems illogical
Old 12-17-2020 | 05:55 PM

'22 SL63, '22 Tesla Model S LR and X LR
I am not surprised at the 121k AMG 580 base price. With the virus I can only think the supply will be lower than usual, and the markup is going to be big. I would not be surprised if it goes well above MSRP. Still, plenty of customers here in SE FL (and elsewhere) who will line up to get one. I am thinking about jumping brands this time. I am a long time BMW guy, my 750's lease is up next May, and I don't think I will be able to get the new S around that time. Not for a reasonable price anyways. I would pay MSRP but not gonna pay above for sure.

I keep watching this thread. I guess no idea when the configurator will be available on mbusa. Right?
Old 12-17-2020 | 06:10 PM

Volvo XC90
Originally Posted by Huncowboy
I am not surprised at the 121k AMG 580 base price. With the virus I can only think the supply will be lower than usual, and the markup is going to be big. I would not be surprised if it goes well above MSRP. Still, plenty of customers here in SE FL (and elsewhere) who will line up to get one. I am thinking about jumping brands this time. I am a long time BMW guy, my 750's lease is up next May, and I don't think I will be able to get the new S around that time. Not for a reasonable price anyways. I would pay MSRP but not gonna pay above for sure.

I keep watching this thread. I guess no idea when the configurator will be available on mbusa. Right?
you can extend your bmw lease for as many months as you need to get the S Class
Old 12-17-2020 | 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rockland
you can extend your bmw lease for as many months as you need to get the S Class
I know I could. But this time I ended up driving way more than usual. I just had to bump up my lease mileage form 30k to 50k. This means, I will be right at warranty when I turn it in. I don't feel like going over warranty with this current V8. This is my 5th V8, I never had any issues, but it has a bad rep. I think I might do a lease takeover if I have to. Maybe a CLS or even a current S or just an E. But even those are hard to find right now. Everyone is extending their leases due to the low supply with the virus. My usual BMW dealership is empty. All they have is M8s.

Not to mention, I also would like to do an ED. I did ED with the last two BMWs. For us it is the best thing. When we go home visit, we stay over a month. I love having my brand new car there on our usual family vacation. If anyone has a recommendation for a SE FL sales person, someone who does ED, and is located in Palm Beach, please PM me. I guess I need to start researching what is available.
Old 12-17-2020 | 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by Huncowboy
I know I could. But this time I ended up driving way more than usual. I just had to bump up my lease mileage form 30k to 50k. This means, I will be right at warranty when I turn it in. I don't feel like going over warranty with this current V8. This is my 5th V8, I never had any issues, but it has a bad rep. I think I might do a lease takeover if I have to. Maybe a CLS or even a current S or just an E. But even those are hard to find right now. Everyone is extending their leases due to the low supply with the virus. My usual BMW dealership is empty. All they have is M8s.

Not to mention, I also would like to do an ED. I did ED with the last two BMWs. For us it is the best thing. When we go home visit, we stay over a month. I love having my brand new car there on our usual family vacation. If anyone has a recommendation for a SE FL sales person, someone who does ED, and is located in Palm Beach, please PM me. I guess I need to start researching what is available.
Hate to rain on your parade, but both MB and BMW have cancelled ED.
The following users liked this post:
stever500 (12-25-2020)
Old 12-17-2020 | 08:21 PM

Thanks for posting that. I knew about BMW of course. I had no idea about MB canceling as well.
Old 02-11-2021 | 04:15 PM

GLE 400
OK guys big update - Mercedes is experiencing chip shortages and it affected my car!

Apparently the 3D Tech Package, Active Ambient Lighting and Multi-contour seats are all facing delays. So what did Mercedes do? They built my custom-ordered car without 3D Tech Package.

I talked to my dealer today and told them I don't want to take it as is. I'm just going to wait for 2022 model year so that (a) I can get the order right, and (b) I can get E-Active Body Control

This is a sad day for custom order customers!

Originally Posted by gle400
Here is what I got. Super excited. Thoughts? Anything I am missing out on here? Changes I should make?

Btw a few things that were not available as a selection per se:

- E Active Body Control (is this just included in AIRMATIC Suspension?)
- Magic Sky Control (is this included in Panorama Sunroof?)
- Executive Rear Seat Package PLUS (I was able to get Executive Rear Seat Package, but that is not the same I believe - thoughts?)
- Level 3 Autonomy (doesn't seem to be available in US)
- Digital Light (doesn't seem to be available in US)

I was not able to select wood steering wheel with the walnut / aluminum inlay trim.

Old 02-13-2021 | 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Congrats! Looking forward to pics!
Old 02-18-2021 | 03:57 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2014 S63
Looking forward to your review and pics! Congrats! 🎉🎉🎉

***Mention You Are From The Forum For The Best Deals***
Check Out The*All NEW BD-F25

Phone: (818) 362-2300
E-Mail: Info@BlaqueDiamond.com