S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

Internet in the Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 06:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2021 S500L
Internet in the Car

Just got my new S500 W223, for the internet in the car there is a new option to select internet source. So i suspect we can now tether our phones/wi-fi dongles to the car to give it internet access rather than using the SIM.

I prefer to just use the SIM for simplicity. I’ve added a data bundle the to sim and it says it’s connected. The browser in the car works (navigated to youtube and watched a clip) but any devices that are on the WiFi dont seem to get a connection. Does anyone know if i’ve done something wrong?
The following users liked this post:
Merssal (01-21-2023)
Old 03-07-2021, 02:07 AM

w223, s500
I have the same problem

Hello,
I have the same problem. When I saw the tooic, I hope to read for a decision.
When I have more free time, maybe next week, I am planning to visit the dealership.
The following users liked this post:
Merssal (01-21-2023)
Old 03-09-2021, 07:58 AM

w223, s500
The dealership explanation

So, I called the dealer and told it for missing internet. The explanation was: there is an integrated sim card / our data sim is another one/. So the integrated sim card is prepaid to a network operator for using just mercedes mm and is working in roaming mode. When we try the browser, it uses the data plan from the integrated sim. This sim is locked for using as a wi fi hot spot. When we connect to mbux , our smartphone try to use the net from the fabric sim card. The w223 have to know to use our sim for wi fi hot spot. They didn’t know whether there is an option in cars’s menu to change the hot spots or they have to make some service job. They promised me to try fixing the problem remotely. That is happening in Europe.
Old 04-04-2021, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2021 S500 4Matic Long
hello guys, can you help me please with the sim card slot location. in glove box there is a device, but the slot is too big for the sim card.
I got the 2021 S500 4Matic Long