S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

Seeking advise (S580)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexus GS 350
Seeking advise (S580)

Hello All ! I am new here and wanted your thoughts before I custom order a 2022 s580 or buy the 2021 Bentley flying spur

1) Wheels => I'm loving the AMG trim and want it with the 21" wheels, my SA is recommending going with the 20" because the 21" will only come with Performance (SUMMER) tires, wear down quickly , may be hard to find replacement tires and I will have to switch them out for winter. Is this true ? I really want to go with the 21" , I think it will look better on the AMG.
2) Color => I like the designo Olive green metallic color but I'm being charged $13000 for this choice. Is this color worth it ? Don't know if I should just settle for the standard Emerald green color offered. Thoughts ?
3) Would folks rather buy the Bentley Flying Spur if able or still choose the S Class ? My good friend drives the 2021 Flying Spur and it's a wonder to drive. I'm thinking it will be too much as an everyday vehicle.
Please advise

Thank you !
Old 08-13-2021, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,586 Likes on 982 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by Helena
Hello All ! I am new here and wanted your thoughts before I custom order a 2022 s580 or buy the 2021 Bentley flying spur

1) Wheels => I'm loving the AMG trim and want it with the 21" wheels, my SA is recommending going with the 20" because the 21" will only come with Performance (SUMMER) tires, wear down quickly , may be hard to find replacement tires and I will have to switch them out for winter. Is this true ? I really want to go with the 21" , I think it will look better on the AMG.
Its true to an extent. Depending on your climate, its highly recommended to use winter tires in the winter for superior traction and safety. As for availability of tires, I’m a bit unsure, but I’d imagine your dealer should be able to order a set if a problem were to occur, and yes summer tires do wear faster.

2) Color => I like the designo Olive green metallic color but I'm being charged $13000 for this choice. Is this color worth it ? Don't know if I should just settle for the standard Emerald green color offered. Thoughts ?
The olive color is pretty although I actually prefer the darker tone of the Emerald Green. We have an Emerald Green GLE and love the color and have received tons of compliments, and its very rare to see it on the streets. On the S-Class I’m sure it would look very elegant.

3) Would folks rather buy the Bentley Flying Spur if able or still choose the S Class ? My good friend drives the 2021 Flying Spur and it's a wonder to drive. I'm thinking it will be too much as an everyday vehicle.
That’s a tough question. While I have not been able to experience a Flying Spur, I imagine most people would say yes to the more expensive car if money isn’t an issue. It depends on your preferences. The Bentley is very old school and classical in comparison to the radically modern S-Class which is filled with tons of new tech and features. One thing to consider is also service/dealerships, depending on the areas, Bentley service may be farther as well as more expensive, but that’s dependent on the buyer and their location. I say see if you can try and take both for a spin and see what you like more. Good luck OP!
Old 08-13-2021, 03:35 PM

Received 223 Likes on 132 Posts
S580

Please advise

Thank you !
1. Summer tires get hard at around 40 degrees to the point you could easily loose traction and spin out.

3. Yea i would definitely get a primary car instead of daily driving a Bentley.
The following users liked this post:
MBS63AMG (08-13-2021)
Old 08-13-2021, 04:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
GLS 450
the emerald green is simply gorgeous. My dealer in Devon, Pa has an emerald green SUV in his lot and it looks stunning.
Old 08-13-2021, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 484 Likes on 336 Posts
2019 S560, 2022 Audi S8
Originally Posted by ColeBlooded
1. Summer tires get hard at around 40 degrees to the point you could easily loose traction and spin out.

3. Yea i would definitely get a primary car instead of daily driving a Bentley.
I agree. The 21" tires are going to beat you to death also. 20" rims are the largest I'll ever go with as even they are not as silky smooth as 18's and 19's but I think for sporty looks, the 20" wheel is the best of all worlds.

The Bentley would be my choice over the W223 but I too couldn't use this as a daily driver. I have the E450 coupe for my work horse daily driving.