New car questions and issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 04:56 PM

Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts
S580
New car questions and issues

Hi,
I just got a new 2021 S580 after trading in my 21 GLE450. I have some issues and would like to know if any of you have the same thing or solutions to any of there.

1. I listen to music fairly loud. In the GLE, after you shut off the car and later return, the music resumes at a moderate volume (not blasting). I liked that feature, but the new S580 resumes where you left it so you need to turn it down before you exit, or you will be blasted when you again start. Is this the same as your new S-Class?

2. When I put the car in reverse, the music almost completely mutes. Is there a way to stop that in a setting?

3. When in reverse, the center screen is not very bright. I checked for a protective film on the camera, but did not see any. Any suggestions?

4. In my previous cars, my garage door openers opened the garage door from greater then 50 feet. Now, both the remote or the Smart Link need to be about a foot near the door for it to work. I can be further back if I open the window and hold the remote out of the window to work, so I am wondering if the windows have something that is blocking the signal? Any ideas?

5. The new door handles lock and unlock with touch or swipe gestures and I prefer those. Is there a way to disable the proximity feature that opens the car when you are near?

6. I have the Technology package with the nice HUD. It seems like it is not quite level dropping a tiny bit in the right side. This could just be me or maybe it just seems that way in relation to the curves of the hood. Any of you notice this?

The car is really nice with the AMG package and 20" wheels. The standard Burmester sound is WAY better then the equivalent version in the 21 GLE. I think I am going to be very happy once I get everything dialed in and the just have to drive. There is always going to be something new "coming soon", but I like the looks of this new model. If the new EQS had the same body, I would have waited, but the new EQS looks like a cartoon or some fiberglass car ride at an amusement park. Thanks to anyone that has a response to any of the issues I mentioned.