Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2021, 03:44 PM

Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts
S580
New owner questions

Hi,
I have a few questions and maybe some of you can help? 2021 S-Class S580

1. In the user profile setup, it asks (sometimes) for you to enter your home address. The choices are Current Location or Enter An Address. If I choose to enter an address, the typing box appears for a second (sometimes), then disappears before I can enter my address. Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone else?

2. I tried to set the fingerprint scanner to use with my profile. I am logged in with my pass code and put my finger on the scanner. the screen asked if I wanted to set it up. I pressed Start (on the screen) and it said to lift finger and then put on the scanner. It just keeps saying "Scanning". Tried several times. Any ideas?

3. Prior to setting up a profile (I think the dealer did, but I didn't know the pass code), the home screen had 3 rows of icons, basically everything I might want to access at a glance, and I arranged them how I wanted them. Ever since I started looking into the profiles (reset pass code). the home screen shows a navigation map (low res) and just 1 row of icons so you have to scroll sideways to see them. How can I get rid of the map on the home screen and get it to display all of the 9 (3 rows) of icons again?

4. I traded in a 2021 GLE450 to get this S-Class. Something I liked about the GLE was that however loud I was listening to music, the next time I entered and restarted the car, the music came back on at a low comfortable level. Is there a way to set that on the S-Class, the dealer secret menu perhaps?

Thanks to anyone that can help with any of these questions!
Old 09-15-2021, 05:03 PM

Received 223 Likes on 132 Posts
S580
3. Press and hold the home button
Old 09-15-2021, 06:17 PM

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
2021 S580, 2019 Cadillac XTS
4. Setup your biometrics then each car start your music will be at a lower level. Once you swipe your finger it will gradually increase.
Old 09-15-2021, 09:16 PM

S580
Originally Posted by ColeBlooded
3. Press and hold the home button
That is it. Thank you!
Old 09-15-2021, 09:19 PM

S580
Originally Posted by gravytrain007
4. Setup your biometrics then each car start your music will be at a lower level. Once you swipe your finger it will gradually increase.
I set up a profile and a pin number. When I put my finger over the sensor, it asks me if I want to configure the finger print for my named profile. The screen says to lift finger and place again on the sensor. I did, but it just keeps says "scanning" and does not go any further.

Thanks for trying to help, but I don't know if the scanner is defective or I am doing something wrong?