S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

Model Year 2022 Standard Features question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2021, 06:45 PM

Received 175 Likes on 111 Posts
Volvo XC90
Model Year 2022 Standard Features question

Are Wireless Smartphone Integration - Apple Car Play, Keyless Go, and Dashcam still standard features that are included on the Model Year 2022? I read that Active Ambient Lighting is removed possibly. What about these above items?

Last edited by Rockland; 10-28-2021 at 08:45 PM.
Old 10-28-2021, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,585 Likes on 982 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by Rockland
Are Wireless Smartphone Integration - Apple Car Play, Keyless Go, and Dashcam still standard features that are included on the Model Year 2022? I read that Active Ambient Lighting is removed possibly. What about these above items?
As far as I know, those features are still available, keyless go and apple car play will not ever be subject to the chip shortage as those are the most desirable features and would kill any possible sale. The dashcam is more susceptible to the shortage but I haven't heard anything about it being deleted. Early '22 S-Class' may still have Active Ambient Lighting as my dealer received two '22 500's this week, one with and one without active lighting.
Old 10-28-2021, 10:50 PM

Received 175 Likes on 111 Posts
Volvo XC90
Originally Posted by js_cls
As far as I know, those features are still available, keyless go and apple car play will not ever be subject to the chip shortage as those are the most desirable features and would kill any possible sale. The dashcam is more susceptible to the shortage but I haven't heard anything about it being deleted. Early '22 S-Class' may still have Active Ambient Lighting as my dealer received two '22 500's this week, one with and one without active lighting.
My build sheet doesn’t mention these items, but possibly if they are standard equipment they aren’t specifically mentioned??”
Old 10-28-2021, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,585 Likes on 982 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by Rockland
My build sheet doesn’t mention these items, but possibly if they are standard equipment they aren’t specifically mentioned??”
Yes, if they're standard you won't see them on the sheet, Apple CarPlay and Keyless Go are standard, not too sure about dashcam but it looks to be standard since its not on the configurator.