S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

Aircon died after 9K km

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2023, 09:09 AM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
S450
Aircon died after 9K km

Quite distressed today to see my aircon running warm. I drove straight to dealership and after an hour they diagnosed the problem as a leak in the aircon coolant (since pumping in new coolant resulted in the aircon running cold again). Dealer keeping car for another day to try to detect where the leak is. Kinda disappointing for such a new car.
Old 02-28-2023, 09:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 765 Likes on 478 Posts
2023 S500
I don’t know if our AC’s have any similarities to the one in the V167 GLE, but in that model, evaporator failure/leaks are—at least according to the MB dealer techs on Reddit—a common failure and is caused by a material defect.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mercedes_be...tm_name=iossmf
Old 03-19-2023, 04:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
S450
Update is that mercedes did a visual inspection of aircon lines in engine bay and couldn't find the leak. they said only option left was to either repump with coolant and hope the problem goes away or take apart the dashboard and locate the leak inside the passenger cabin. I opted for the former. So far after 3 weeks aircon still running cold. Fingers crossed.
Old 03-20-2023, 12:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,813 Likes on 2,395 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by longhngo
Update is that mercedes did a visual inspection of aircon lines in engine bay and couldn't find the leak. they said only option left was to either repump with coolant and hope the problem goes away or take apart the dashboard and locate the leak inside the passenger cabin. I opted for the former. So far after 3 weeks aircon still running cold. Fingers crossed.
Thanks for the update, glad they didn't take apart the dash as that ruins the factory fitment leading to the possibility of creaks and rattles.