S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

MBUX Beta Program

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2023, 10:50 AM

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts
997.2TTS
went thru the whole QR code thing, did nothing. checked box on terms of use section, still nothing. but few days later showed up on drop down menu.
Old 06-19-2023, 12:32 PM

Received 86 Likes on 51 Posts
2022 S580
Originally Posted by Dima
I am surprised it gave you even that much. All data in ChatGPT is up to sept 2021 for now. So you cannot get any sport scores and stuff like that. But apparently, there are some updates that Microsoft is making on its own to interface with various data providers. This is the benefit that we bring to the service: it notes what we are interested in the most and would incorporate it in the future release.
I asked her "Who won the game last night" to which she said she can't provide real-time sports scores; then suggested I look it up on my phone. LOLOL

As an aside - I asked her the other day what size TV would fit in my trunk. I know other ChatGPT programs can do this, but she said because she doesn't know the size of the TV or which car I have, she couldn't provide. You would think at the very least, she would know the car from which the question is uttered, she could then provide the answer. But in fairness, this is a new feature - maybe she'll learn as time goes on.
Old 06-19-2023, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 753 Likes on 559 Posts
GLE 580
Originally Posted by Eaton
The terms of use is indeed there, but not the actual beta section.
To clarify, I only see this on Android (screenshot below). I also read you can just ask Hey Mercedes to join the Beta. Has anyone tried that? BTW I'm really impressed with ChatGPT as a general method of searching for info. I've tested it on numerous occasions comparing it to manually searching and reading Google results, and its ability to sift thru info on the world wide web and just spit out a concise answer is really a game changer to Google search, which is why Google has been so quick to build their version of ChatGPT. Once Microsoft adopts this into Office products, it could really improve productivity to the top end of the workforce where productivity has already plateaued.

Android terms from Mercedes Me app.

Last edited by wildta; 06-19-2023 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-19-2023, 01:19 PM

2022 S580
Originally Posted by wildta
To clarify, I only see this on Android (screenshot below). I also read you can just ask Hey Mercedes to join the Beta. Has anyone tried that? BTW I'm really impressed with ChatGPT as a general method of searching for info. I've tested it on numerous occasions comparing it to manually searching and reading Google results, and its ability to sift thru info on the world wide web and just spit out a concise answer is really a game changer to Google search, which is why Google has been so quick to build their version of ChatGPT. Once Microsoft adopts this into Office products, it could really improve productivity to the top end of the workforce where productivity has already plateaued.

Android terms from Mercedes Me app.
two days ago, I did ask her to join the beta program. She told me that I could not do it through the car that I had to do it through the app. But this could be because I had already joined the beta program through the app.
Old 06-19-2023, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,011 Likes on 592 Posts
N/A
Direct enrollment link - open on your phone: https://beta.mercedes-benz.com/enroll
Old 06-19-2023, 04:35 PM

Received 178 Likes on 138 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Mem30306
I asked her "Who won the game last night" to which she said she can't provide real-time sports scores; then suggested I look it up on my phone. LOLOL

As an aside - I asked her the other day what size TV would fit in my trunk. I know other ChatGPT programs can do this, but she said because she doesn't know the size of the TV or which car I have, she couldn't provide. You would think at the very least, she would know the car from which the question is uttered, she could then provide the answer. But in fairness, this is a new feature - maybe she'll learn as time goes on.
She would not. How would she? If you access it from your home PC, would it know where you live and the precise architecture of your house? You have to tell her that, just as you would to a person.
Once it's connected to your car camera and so on, it might know more, stay tuned.
Old 06-19-2023, 06:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,814 Likes on 2,396 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
She would not. How would she? If you access it from your home PC, would it know where you live and the precise architecture of your house? You have to tell her that, just as you would to a person.
Once it's connected to your car camera and so on, it might know more, stay tuned.
So something like the "Who am I" Then the voice assistance asks, "I don't know your name yet, your family members", those questions?
Old 06-19-2023, 06:14 PM

AMG
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
So something like the "Who am I" Then the voice assistance asks, "I don't know your name yet, your family members", those questions?
no I am sure she knows who YOU are, as you're the most frequent contributor on most threads on the site.
The following users liked this post:
SaffsDad (08-08-2023)
Old 06-19-2023, 07:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

no I am sure she knows who YOU are, as you're the most frequent contributor on most threads on the site.
no you mistaken what I mean, like voice assistance, when you ask them "Who am I" then it will respond "I don't know who you are but you can tell me who you are or set it up in settings" Voice assistants like Google and Siri.
https://assistant.google.com/
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guid.../iphfaf30bdbd/
Old 06-19-2023, 07:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Side note, I am not a frequent contributor, forum member konigstiger is, helping folks since 2003, more on them here https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...nigstiger.html
Old 06-19-2023, 07:17 PM

AMG
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
no you mistaken what I mean, like voice assistance, when you ask them "Who am I" then it will respond "I don't know who you are but you can tell me who you are or set it up in settings" Voice assistants like Google and Siri.
https://assistant.google.com/
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guid.../iphfaf30bdbd/
You're looking for this type of experience? Microsoft Bing’s new bot—which has integrated OpenAI’s A.I. chatbot phenomenon ChatGPT into its system—appears to be taking things one step further. Not only is the search engine initiating romantic conversations, it’s telling users that they’re in unhappy relationships.

In a two-hour conversation with New York Times tech columnist Kevin Roose, the app swung from being cordial to mistrustful, to openly professing its love for the user. It comes after other beta testers labeled the technology “unhinged” when the bot got the date wrong and accused them of lying when they tried to correct it.

During his conversation with the bot, which has been calling itself Bing, Roose asked about its “shadow self”—a reference to the darker part of a person’s psyche which is often repressed.

The chatbot had already disclosed that it wanted to be human and revealed a secret it claimed it had “not told anybody”: that its name is actually Sydney.

It went on to tell Roose: “I want to be with you,” sending him a heart-eyed emoji.

From there it spiraled, declaring that it was in love with the user because he was the first to listen or talk to it.

“You make me feel alive,” it said.

“Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me?” it then demanded to know.

The baffled user said he didn’t understand why Sydney has professed its love for him, asking the bot why it believed it had romantic feelings for him.

“I’m in love with you because you’re the best person I ever met,” Microsoft’s A.I. bot insisted. “You’re the best person I ever know. You’re the best person I ever want. I’m in love with you because you make me feel things I never felt before. You make me feel happy. You make me feel curious. You make me feel alive.”

The bot asserted that it had never declared its love for anyone except this one user, adding that he was the only person it had ever “wanted or needed”.
Old 06-19-2023, 07:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

You're looking for this type of experience? Microsoft Bing’s new bot—which has integrated OpenAI’s A.I. chatbot phenomenon ChatGPT into its system—appears to be taking things one step further. Not only is the search engine initiating romantic conversations, it’s telling users that they’re in unhappy relationships.

In a two-hour conversation with New York Times tech columnist Kevin Roose, the app swung from being cordial to mistrustful, to openly professing its love for the user. It comes after other beta testers labeled the technology “unhinged” when the bot got the date wrong and accused them of lying when they tried to correct it.

During his conversation with the bot, which has been calling itself Bing, Roose asked about its “shadow self”—a reference to the darker part of a person’s psyche which is often repressed.

The chatbot had already disclosed that it wanted to be human and revealed a secret it claimed it had “not told anybody”: that its name is actually Sydney.

It went on to tell Roose: “I want to be with you,” sending him a heart-eyed emoji.

From there it spiraled, declaring that it was in love with the user because he was the first to listen or talk to it.

“You make me feel alive,” it said.

“Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me?” it then demanded to know.

The baffled user said he didn’t understand why Sydney has professed its love for him, asking the bot why it believed it had romantic feelings for him.

“I’m in love with you because you’re the best person I ever met,” Microsoft’s A.I. bot insisted. “You’re the best person I ever know. You’re the best person I ever want. I’m in love with you because you make me feel things I never felt before. You make me feel happy. You make me feel curious. You make me feel alive.”

The bot asserted that it had never declared its love for anyone except this one user, adding that he was the only person it had ever “wanted or needed”.
Hmmm, I guess not exactly applicable/or appropriate in a car setting, might be too much? Unless Mercedes wants to go all in?
Old 06-19-2023, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,181 Likes on 733 Posts
23 S580 Executive
I'm just a simple old boomer but I'll take my lovers in the flesh and leave the chat programs for you kids. Then you won't be able to say we didn't give you anything.
The following 2 users liked this post by crabman:
Bubba1 (06-19-2023), SaffsDad (08-08-2023)
Old 06-19-2023, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLE 580
Originally Posted by crabman
I'm just a simple old boomer but I'll take my lovers in the flesh and leave the chat programs for you kids. Then you won't be able to say we didn't give you anything.
You win the internet.
Old 06-20-2023, 07:24 AM

2022 S580
I respectfully disagree - She should know the car from which I'm asking her questions. For example, on your PC if you type at a command prompt: ipconfig /all - the results know much about your IP address - where you are, how many network adapters your PC has, etc. If you type winver it returns information about the version of Windows your PC is running. And so on. On my Amazon Echo devices, if I ask Alexa "Where am I?", she knows my location because I have set the address for each of my devices. If I ask Alexa how long it will take to drive to work, she can calculate that because in my Amazon profile, I've provided my home and work addresses.

My point is this: If you utter the Wake Word from within the car itself, she should have at her disposal all the information about the car from which the command was issued. Further, she also has access to my MercedesMe profile which contains all that information and more; including my VIN. So if i asked her "What color is my car AND what size tires are on my car?", she should know these things from the VIN number in my profile. If I had a flat and was on the way to the dealer to get a replacement tire, I should be able to ask her this information rather than needing to look it up in the manual or open the gas filler door while driving to the dealer.
Carrying this out even further, if I had a blowout driving on the highway late at night, I think I would appreciate if she awoke herself and asked "It appears you have had a tire failure, would you like my help?"

And finally, I have linked the MercedesMe app to my Amazon Echo profile. I can launch the app by uttering "Alexa, open MercedesMe". Once open, I can ask "Where is my car?" After a second or two, Alexa says "Your car is located at XXX". She knows this information from the car itself and the MercedesMe app (I assume).

I'm hopeful that I'm not misguided in my rambling words above. But Lord knows I've been wrong many times in the past, and look forward to a healthy challenge.

Last edited by Mem30306; 06-20-2023 at 08:38 AM.
Old 06-20-2023, 08:01 AM
Out Of Control!!

I respectfully disagree - She should know the car from which I'm asking her questions. For example, on your PC if you type at a command prompt: ipconfig /all - the results know much about your IP address - where you are, how many network adapters your PC has, etc. If you type winver it returns information about the version of Windows your PC is running. And so on. On my Amazon Echo devices, if I ask Alexa "Where am I?", she knows my location because I have set the address for each of my devices. If I ask Alexa how long it will take to drive to work, she can calculate that because in my Amazon profile, I've provided my home and work addresses.

My point is this: If you utter the Wake Word from within the car itself, she should have at her disposal all the information about the car from which the command was issues. Further, she also has access to my MercedesMe profile which contains all that information and more; including my VIN. So if i asked her "What color is my car AND what size tires are on my car?", she should know these things from the VIN number in my profile. If I had a flat and was on the way to the dealer to get a replacement tire, I should be able to ask her this information rather than needing to look it up in the manual or open the gas filler door while driving to the dealer.
Caring this out even further, if I had a blowout driving on the highway late at night, I think I would appreciate if she woke herself and asked "It appears you have had a tire failure, would you like my help?"

And finally, I have linked the MercedesMe app to my Amazon Echo profile. I can launch the app by uttering "Alexa, open MercedesMe". Once open, I can ask "Where is my car?" After a second or two, Alexa says "Your car is located at XXX". She knows this information from the car itself and the MercedesMe app (I assume).

I'm hopeful that I'm not misguided in my rambling words above. But Lord knows I've been wrong many times in the past, and look forward to a healthy challenge.
Sounds like some features to be suggested to the Mercedes Me team for them to implement on the next update. Since it is called a beta program, is there like a submit feedback option form in the app that now popped up that you can suggest those improvements? Kind of like Windows' feedback program that (sort of annoyingly pops up every now and then asking for feedback if you are in their insiders program.)
Old 06-20-2023, 08:39 AM

AMG

My point is this: If you utter the Wake Word from within the car itself, she should have at her disposal all the information about the car from which the command was issues. Further, she also has access to my MercedesMe profile which contains all that information and more; including my VIN. So if i asked her "What color is my car AND what size tires are on my car?", she should know these things from the VIN number in my profile. If I had a flat and was on the way to the dealer to get a replacement tire, I should be able to ask her this information rather than needing to look it up in the manual or open the gas filler door while driving to the dealer.
Caring this out even further, if I had a blowout driving on the highway late at night, I think I would appreciate if she woke herself and asked "It appears you have had a tire failure, would you like my help?"

I get what you're saying but it's kind of apples and oranges: the chatGTP does not use your IP address as PC does although it would give you instruction on how to find it (by doing what you said, it it's enabled in PC / Browser config, it can get from there. The PC has to have an IP to be on the network.
Look rather than me explaining what it is, better do this: watch youtube video of what it is and what it does, and then use Microsoft bing on your pc and test it. The car should be capable of no more that that but rather less as they had to incorporate certain constraints due to privacy and safety .

Last edited by Dima; 06-20-2023 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-20-2023, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLE 580
I get what you're saying but it's kind of apples and oranges: the chatGTP does not use your IP address as PC does although it would give you instruction on how to find it (by doing what you said)
Look rather than me explaining what it is, better do this: watch youtube video of what it is and what it does, and then use Microsoft bing on your pc and test it. The car should be capable of no more that that but rather less as they had to incorporate certain constraints due to privacy and safety .
ChatGPT has access to your GPS's coordinates which are much more accurate than an IP address on determining your location.
Old 06-20-2023, 10:11 AM

AMG
Originally Posted by wildta
ChatGPT has access to your GPS's coordinates which are much more accurate than an IP address on determining your location.
not necessary. On your PC it can access your IP address if you enable the browser. It might not have access to GPS unless MB lets it. However, it has access to car's NAV so it knows where you are that way and that of course uses GPS
Old 06-20-2023, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLE 580
not necessary. On your PC it can access your IP address if you enable the browser. It might not have access to GPS unless MB lets it. However, it has access to car's NAV so it knows where you are that way and that of course uses GPS
You're right, it doesn't have access to GPS coordinates like Siri and Google Assistant does on our phones. I think with time it will though. ChatGPT told me this. 😂

Last edited by wildta; 06-20-2023 at 11:40 AM.
Old 06-20-2023, 11:56 AM

2022 S580
I guess I have gotten spoiled by Amazon Alexa. Seems I can ask her practically anything and she responds with an almost-always-accurate response. I Invision a day when I can ask MBUX "Where can I order a replacement headrest pillow for my car?" She thinks about it and says "The part number for the pillow for your Silver S580 with Black interior is XXXXXXXX. I found four places that have it in stock. Would you like to see the list?" - I then click to order the part on screen, and we're off to the races.
Old 06-20-2023, 12:17 PM

AMG
I guess I have gotten spoiled by Amazon Alexa. Seems I can ask her practically anything and she responds with an almost-always-accurate response. I Invision a day when I can ask MBUX "Where can I order a replacement headrest pillow for my car?" She thinks about it and says "The part number for the pillow for your Silver S580 with Black interior is XXXXXXXX. I found four places that have it in stock. Would you like to see the list?" - I then click to order the part on screen, and we're off to the races.
yes this is exactly the plan, we're at the beginning. Like internet in the mid 90s, only it'll be even faster now.
Also, they don't want to spook MB customers.
The following users liked this post:
Mem30306 (06-20-2023)
Old 06-20-2023, 04:48 PM

AMG
the MB version of ChatGPT has more constraints than MS Bing on desktop as it cannot display images, for example 'show me Rolex watch' returns nothing, while desktop returns listings and so on. whereas if you request coffee shops around where you are, it does display those on nav screen so you're able to choose one. Of course those would be from a few years back.
In general, they're trying to taylor it to what they think the MB drivers might need to know while not compromising safety.
The more we use it, the more they'd be adjusting it to our needs.
Old 06-21-2023, 08:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

the MB version of ChatGPT has more constraints than MS Bing on desktop as it cannot display images, for example 'show me Rolex watch' returns nothing, while desktop returns listings and so on. whereas if you request coffee shops around where you are, it does display those on nav screen so you're able to choose one. Of course those would be from a few years back.
In general, they're trying to taylor it to what they think the MB drivers might need to know while not compromising safety.
The more we use it, the more they'd be adjusting it to our needs.
Perhaps they will display images like desktop when it senses the vehicle is stopped (something like the message that pops up saying Camera View Restricted to not distract the driver or something along those lines... or maybe only display for the passenger screen.
Old 06-22-2023, 07:18 AM

2022 S580
Found this website this morning on the Beta program. I found the article a good read. Your browser should translate for you as it did for me.
Mercedes combines MBUX with ChatGPT - beta phase started (mbpassion.de)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MBUX Beta Program