S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

Seat Bottom Adjustment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2023, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500
Seat Bottom Adjustment

Hello Friends. I just leased my first MB- an S500. Lovely vehicle, I only drive manuals up til now and this is very different. I love the vehicle and I am comfy, but there is one thing I cannot figure out.

While adjusting the front of the seat bottom with the (admittedly awful) seat adjustment switches, I cannot get the seat bottom to tilt up enough. I like to be in a bucket-like position. Any tips? All my other vehicles except the 2003 Nissan Z 350 had the ability to do so. I must not be seeing something.

Thanks!
Thaddeus
Old 08-20-2023, 10:28 AM

Received 176 Likes on 107 Posts
W223 S500 LWB 4-Matic, W222 S450 LWB 4-Matic, W211 E500 4-Matic Wagon
I agree, the seat front could come up more to give it that "Bucket" feel. The S-Class is not the sportiest vehicle out there. It may be possible to shim the front upwards depending on the way it's bolted down. Any altercation to the seat mounting may give your insurance cause to deny a claim and void the MB warranty if they notice it.

We got used to the seat adjustment switches with muscle memory. They work just fine, there is always a slight delay before they react. This is true of all the touch controls.
Old 08-22-2023, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500
Thanks, I will leave it as is, but I am a bit surprised!

Thaddeus