S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

Mercedes App Update (iOS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2024, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,712 Likes on 2,477 Posts
2019 C63CS
I can see you are taking this very personal and I can understand why. Passive aggressive behavior on my end would involve feelings towards you or the issue, but I can assure you I have neither one. I'm very calm at the moment and simply responding. I'm just looking at this from what I'm seeing and with my professional background. They must have had feedback on the previous app not being as useable and therefore in their minds simplified it. Yes, the changes are fairly recent, but everybody who regularly uses it must have been exposed to it by now. One person said they were indifferent about the new design, and otherwise it's been crickets around here about the update, so seems like the changes were overall well received.
Old 04-27-2024, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 653 Likes on 412 Posts
2023 S500
No, I’m not taking personal. But you sure took issue with my criticism. A user complaint where you said “not sure what the issue is.” Does it bother you I had an issue?

Old 04-27-2024, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Frenetic
No, I’m not taking personal. But you sure took issue with my criticism. A user complaint where you said “not sure what the issue is.” Does it bother you I had an issue?
That's all in your head. It doesn't bother me one bit that you have an issue. You are airing your grievances in a public forum. Somebody was gonna entertain it. It was me today, because I'm just chilling in front of my computer waiting for the garage repair guy to come and fix the broken garage door spring, so I can take my car out in this nice weather and enjoy it.
Old 04-27-2024, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 653 Likes on 412 Posts
2023 S500
Superswiss. I know you’re a long-time member, but your testimony and posts here are suspect to me. I don’t trust anything you and Mikapen say. It’s like garbage.
Old 04-29-2024, 10:32 AM

Received 70 Likes on 42 Posts
2022 S580
Good gracious gentlemen. Reading this thread made me want to grab the Xanax bottle.

I can see both sides of this argument: I use the MercedesMe app regularly, and at first, I was thrown by the redesign of the home screen, but I've gotten used to it over the last couple of weeks. I had to dig around to see where they moved some features, but it didn't take more than an hour or so to get familiar with the new layout. I am responsible for testing software updates for Microsoft at the company where I work. Mercedes, like all companies need to update their software regularly to keep it fresh and competitive. Further, software is often updated to allow for future enhancements that we may not be privy to. Perhaps that's what is happening here.

With all that said, I've been annoyed by one thing or another when it comes to my car. This feature doesn't work like I want, or my d@mn 21" wheels caused a blowout on a car I've owned for one dang week. I come here to find sympathy for a car that I just paid over 120K for. While the wheel/tire issue is a major complaint on this forum, I've also posted about issues that are petty, and to be completely honest, I posted really just to find some sympathy from my fellow forum members. Most of my friends don't drive an S Class, nor do they drive a $100K plus car. So, sympathy from them is nonexistent. But all you do, and its like-minded, intelligent folks like yourselves that make checking this forum a daily joy for me.

On a completely different note: I have often wondered if someone sitting at their desk a couple of miles north of me here in Atlanta at the MBUSA headquarters read these posts? And if they do, are they actively taking notes on what we complain about? Not specifically this particular thread, but wheels, door handles, this, that or the other thing that is broken? I want to believe they do monitor, or perhaps they read and promptly disregard?

Mark
Old 04-29-2024, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Mem30306
Good gracious gentlemen. Reading this thread made me want to grab the Xanax bottle.

I can see both sides of this argument: I use the MercedesMe app regularly, and at first, I was thrown by the redesign of the home screen, but I've gotten used to it over the last couple of weeks. I had to dig around to see where they moved some features, but it didn't take more than an hour or so to get familiar with the new layout. I am responsible for testing software updates for Microsoft at the company where I work. Mercedes, like all companies need to update their software regularly to keep it fresh and competitive. Further, software is often updated to allow for future enhancements that we may not be privy to. Perhaps that's what is happening here.

With all that said, I've been annoyed by one thing or another when it comes to my car. This feature doesn't work like I want, or my d@mn 21" wheels caused a blowout on a car I've owned for one dang week. I come here to find sympathy for a car that I just paid over 120K for. While the wheel/tire issue is a major complaint on this forum, I've also posted about issues that are petty, and to be completely honest, I posted really just to find some sympathy from my fellow forum members. Most of my friends don't drive an S Class, nor do they drive a $100K plus car. So, sympathy from them is nonexistent. But all you do, and its like-minded, intelligent folks like yourselves that make checking this forum a daily joy for me.

On a completely different note: I have often wondered if someone sitting at their desk a couple of miles north of me here in Atlanta at the MBUSA headquarters read these posts? And if they do, are they actively taking notes on what we complain about? Not specifically this particular thread, but wheels, door handles, this, that or the other thing that is broken? I want to believe they do monitor, or perhaps they read and promptly disregard?

Mark
Haha...it's the Internet I guess. As far as I know, nobody from MB is on this forum, so any grievances voiced here don't really go anywhere. As I was trying to say, feedback should be directed directly to MB through the official channels. There isn't really a community that I'm aware of for regular Mercedes-Benz owners to reach corporate, other than the customer support channels. As an AMG owner I have access to the AMG Private Lounge, which is an exclusive community for current and former AMG owners. It's managed by AMG Germany itself, and AMG staff is on it, so we can directly reach corporate with any concerns and they help out directly by getting the right resources involved on their end.

Last edited by superswiss; 04-29-2024 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-29-2024, 05:18 PM

Received 70 Likes on 42 Posts
2022 S580
I had a 2018 E63S before I traded for my S580. To be honest, I wish I had it and my S, but hindsight. Yeah, I was a member of the Private Lounge when I had my E63. It's a great forum. Also, the AMG Driving Academy here in Atlanta was probably the most fun I've had in recent years; it was truly an amazing experience, and it was "included" in the cost of the E.

As for Mercedes employees monitoring this forum, I would think/hope MBUSA would want to peruse this and other forums to get a feel for what people are saying about their cars. Oftentimes, unsolicited anonymous feedback is sometimes worth more than what is being said in official channels.