S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

Camera View Restricted assist functions unavailable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2024, 11:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2022 S580
Camera View Restricted assist functions unavailable

anyone else getting this? A dashboard popup 5 minutes after starting the car. Says "Temporarily Unavailable Camera View Restricted" and shows symbols for active distance assist, lane change assist, braking assist, etc. Took it to the dealer and service advisor says "oh yeah we've seen lots of those."
2022 S580
Old 05-21-2024, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 392 Likes on 294 Posts
EQ
I would check to see if your tire pressure is being reported as slightly low.

Originally Posted by Portmanteau
anyone else getting this? A dashboard popup 5 minutes after starting the car. Says "Temporarily Unavailable Camera View Restricted" and shows symbols for active distance assist, lane change assist, braking assist, etc. Took it to the dealer and service advisor says "oh yeah we've seen lots of those."
2022 S580
The following users liked this post:
crabman (05-21-2024)
Old 05-21-2024, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 294 Likes on 246 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
I've seen two kind of camera issues. One is from moisture in the area between the camera and the windscreen, this usually comes at winter or in a cold and humid weather and it appears pretty soon, perhaps within a minute after start and then goes away after several minutes ones the camera heating makes moisture disappear from the camera view. This is normal and comes on all cars at certain conditions.

The other one I've seen happened most often only after some 20 minute to an hour drive (light traffic may affect the time). This concerns the stereo camera and throws an unavailable message for several assist features. Active distance assist and braking assist were the most common ones and more could come during a longer trip. This happened on the wife's car that has the same stereo camera as a MY22 W223. The car visited service several times but finally the workshop changed some "deflector" part and the issue stopped occurring. Not sure which exact part they changed, Parts Information does not seem to have any individual part around the stereo camera that could be related. A warranty fix and they did not give the customer any details about the part.
Old 05-21-2024, 02:18 PM

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts
2022 S580
I on occasion get a flurry of nanny features going offline. After I reach my destination and switch off the car, these features always come back online. Just yesterday, my Active Ambient Lighting went haywire and threw an error message that it was unavailable. When I got back in the car after a Costco run, everything worked fine. I think @Diesel Benz hit the nail on the head when he said the front-facing cameras lost their minds and threw the errors. My ambient lighting issue yesterday was a first for me; not sure what got it riled up.