S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

Center console

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:25 AM

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
2023 S Class 2013 SL
Center console

Now, the center console won't open. S/A says whole new console needed and ordered. I'll add to Crabman's opinion on the 223 being released with multiple problems. Door handles erratically function (yes, I lock it every time and the key is kept more than 30' away). And as I've yelped before, those damn doors from hell that have no detente. Then oily finger prints every where. Geez, for a piece of equipment that runs $150K plus, I agree with Stream that some heads should roll in Germany.
Old Today, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,659 Likes on 1,707 Posts
2020 S560 4Matic
Jammed consoles happen to cars. Something’s stuck in there or the mechanism is slightly out of alignment. In the grand scheme of things that’s not a big deal.
The following users liked this post:
Warehouser (Today)
Old Today, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,067 Likes on 674 Posts
23 S580 Executive
I've often complained about problems with the car, but equally, also defended it when I felt criticism was unfair or unwarranted.

The car had a lot of issues when it came out, some remain. Like anything else, that can be argued, but the numbers don't lie. However... I'd say that this is the first time on this forum I've read about a console failing to open, or that was otherwise broken, at least that I can recall. It certainly doesn't seem like anything I would describe as a widespread problem or issue someone contemplating a buy should be worried about.

I do understand that when you've had a certain amount of problems that didn't have to happen, and shouldn't have happened, another problem, even when no real fault can be attached, feels larger than it would on its own. I'm sure I get caught in that mental trap myself, even though I try to avoid it, so I'm not calling you out in any way. I do hope you get it sorted out quickly, and more importantly, you don't have a couple new squeaks or rattles after the console surgery.