Mobile data plan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2024, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 733 Likes on 460 Posts
2023 S500
Mobile data plan

I can’t find any information about what carrier to use for the in-car internet data plan, so I can stream music through Tidal or Apple Music without CarPlay. Can anyone post a link or more information on how to set this up?

I use to be able to tether my phone to stream, but it seems broken now. Before, I would just manually shutdown CarPlay and link my phone via Bluetooth and then start streaming but it’s very inconsistent now. More than half the time it won’t connect to Tidal or Apple Music even though I can confirm I am connected to the internet in the settings screen
Old Yesterday, 12:03 AM

Received 169 Likes on 134 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Frenetic
I can’t find any information about what carrier to use for the in-car internet data plan, so I can stream music through Tidal or Apple Music without CarPlay. Can anyone post a link or more information on how to set this up?

I use to be able to tether my phone to stream, but it seems broken now. Before, I would just manually shutdown CarPlay and link my phone via Bluetooth and then start streaming but it’s very inconsistent now. More than half the time it won’t connect to Tidal or Apple Music even though I can confirm I am connected to the internet in the settings screen
https://www.hotspotdrive.com/?no-redirect=1#/
The following users liked this post:
Frenetic (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 S500
Thank you

Anyone else having issues tethering and streaming?
Old Yesterday, 06:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 S500
I’m going to start a separate thread but I find the fidelity of streaming so much better than CarPlay, at least via Apple Music and Tidal. I’m sure the bit rates are a lot higher. Dolby Atmos sounds amazing but it’s only available via streaming.
Old Yesterday, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 S500
I’m just curious but can anyone else actually tether their phone and stream music? I know it’s academic for everyone with T-Mobile, but I’m wondering if it’s just me or if this issue is more widespread. Just an FYi, you can’t CarPlay and tether at the same time as far as I’m aware. I definitely could never get both working at the same time ever.