S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

Retrofit Rear Entertainment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2024, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 53 AMG
Retrofit Rear Entertainment

Does somebody retrofit the Displays in the rear?
Old 08-13-2024, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 689 Likes on 448 Posts
Current/Last 5-years:S560, X7, X5, Accord; Sold:S550, BMW X7; X5;BMW 530e;20'Lincoln Navigator;LS460
I’d just look for universal tablet holders, and use an iPad or android tablets. Doesn’t work well for younger kids for sure, especially when you need to control or choose for them what they watch. The nice thing about the factory screens is that you can control all of that from the front screen via the remote control, or use a USB drive with downloaded videos. Noting beats factory setup in terms of functionality and cosmetics, but the only alternative is a universal tablet/ipad holders IMO.
The following users liked this post:
cc86 (08-13-2024)
Old 08-13-2024, 05:24 PM

CLS 53 AMG
Originally Posted by S_W222
I’d just look for universal tablet holders, and use an iPad or android tablets. Doesn’t work well for younger kids for sure, especially when you need to control or choose for them what they watch. The nice thing about the factory screens is that you can control all of that from the front screen via the remote control, or use a USB drive with downloaded videos. Noting beats factory setup in terms of functionality and cosmetics, but the only alternative is a universal tablet/ipad holders IMO.
nice solution but i need the cosmetic. I think to install android screens but Need more Information how to
Old 08-13-2024, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 689 Likes on 448 Posts
Current/Last 5-years:S560, X7, X5, Accord; Sold:S550, BMW X7; X5;BMW 530e;20'Lincoln Navigator;LS460
Originally Posted by cc86
nice solution but i need the cosmetic. I think to install android screens but Need more Information how to
I hope u’ll find answers here. I don’t have first hand experience with the seats of the W223. I think all you need is to carefully hide the USB wire and run it through the seats.
I did that before for my first W222 that didn’t have screens. I had to feed them power from the 12V power outlet under the rear AC vents, I then ran all the wires through the seats from the very bottom, extended all the way up to where the headrest slots are.

Old 08-13-2024, 05:45 PM

CLS 53 AMG
Originally Posted by S_W222
I hope u’ll find answers here. I don’t have first hand experience with the seats of the W223. I think all you need is to carefully hide the USB wire and run it through the seats.
I did that before for my first W222 that didn’t have screens. I had to feed them power from the 12V power outlet under the rear AC vents, I then ran all the wires through the seats from the very bottom, extended all the way up to where the headrest slots are.
nice i think this is the best solution but actually i am searching for Information to Supply the Screens with power