S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

Check Engine Light After Car Detail

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 S500
Check Engine Light After Car Detail

Hey all. I jumped in my 2023 W223 this morning and noticed a check engine light. The car has about 12k miles on it and this light only popped on after the vehicle was detailed yesterday. However, they did not detail the engine. Could water have gotten somewhere it shouldn't have, which triggered the light? The car is driving fine otherwise.

It's all the more reason to get a personal engine scanner, I guess. Is anyone familiar with this situation?
Old Today, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 745 Likes on 481 Posts
Current/Last 5-years: GLS,X5,Tesla,Accord; Sold:S560;S550,2x X7; X5;BMW 530e;Lincoln Navigator;LS460
There is no way that anyone here can pinpoint exactly what happened (it may have been related to the car detail, and it can be somehting else). Mostly any feedback you get here would be just a random guess.

Getting a scanner is what I'd do. With cars like these, scanners can be handy. I found many options locally at AutoZone and Advance Auto Parts for couple 100s. The one I had for my W222 (iCarsoft MBII) no longer works for newer MBUX systems, so I had to get newer one.
Old Today, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 S500
Good advice. Thank you!
Old Today, 02:19 PM
SPONSOR

Received 855 Likes on 663 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by mgmarks88
Hey all. I jumped in my 2023 W223 this morning and noticed a check engine light. The car has about 12k miles on it and this light only popped on after the vehicle was detailed yesterday. However, they did not detail the engine. Could water have gotten somewhere it shouldn't have, which triggered the light? The car is driving fine otherwise.

It's all the more reason to get a personal engine scanner, I guess. Is anyone familiar with this situation?
If you want the real thing you can get our system
we don't code these 223 yet but our diagnostics sytem, same as MB works perfect with our diagnostics workshop license that is included and renewed for free lifetime