S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

Maybach S650 Ambient light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2024 | 04:04 PM

Maybach S650 Ambient light

Recently, I had to replace my dashboard due to a leather peeling issue. After the replacement, the ambient light that used to reflect off the windshield, particularly on the passenger side, is now gone. Previously, it appeared to come from between the dashboard and the AC unit, and at night, I could see the horizontal ambient light reflecting off the windshield.

I've visited two different dealerships, but no one believes me that there was ambient light reflecting from the dashboard or the area closest to the windshield. Can someone please help me? I just need to prove that I'm not imagining things; the light reflection on the windshield was real, similar to a skylight.
photos of the light reflection would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-11-2024 | 04:55 PM

2023 S580 (current), 2019 Range Rover HSE V6 (current),2021 S580, 2018 S560 4Matic, 2015 S550 4Matic
Originally Posted by Cocokate
Recently, I had to replace my dashboard due to a leather peeling issue. After the replacement, the ambient light that used to reflect off the windshield, particularly on the passenger side, is now gone. Previously, it appeared to come from between the dashboard and the AC unit, and at night, I could see the horizontal ambient light reflecting off the windshield.

I've visited two different dealerships, but no one believes me that there was ambient light reflecting from the dashboard or the area closest to the windshield. Can someone please help me? I just need to prove that I'm not imagining things; the light reflection on the windshield was real, similar to a skylight.
That’s a good thing right? Not seeing it in your windshield and or side view mirrors?
Old 10-11-2024 | 07:19 PM

V167
Active Ambient

Originally Posted by Cocokate

This post has pictures of active ambient that matches the S580 I have. Hopefully it helps?

https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w...-lighting.html
Old 10-11-2024 | 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLE 580
Maybe this will show it or not show it