S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Eisenmann is on!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55/S55/CLK500
Eisenmann is on!!

I have a 2002 N/A S55 AMG and recently got the Eisenmann race exhaust put on. The quality is good, not as good as I thought it would be since it cost $1,800. There were some scratches and and a dent on one of the mufflers. I was dissapointed b/c Eisenhaus said it was a direct bolt on but when I had it installed the mechanic had to cut off the stock mufflers and weld in the new ones. So Im not too sure how MBUSA is gonna take it with warrenty now with welding on the pipes. It took about 3 months for the exhaust to arrive and definantly was worth the wait.

My dad had a 03 SL55 and I think many people here know how that car sounds, well mine sounds just like as if it was supercharged. I got the OEM AMG look muffles which is a duel exhaust tips. The fitment is ok. They dont stick out as much as the stock AMG tips did and are much closer to the bumper, about as much distance between the mufflers and bumper that you can slide a penny in between. I have only put about 150 miles on it and should be brokin-in about 400 more miles. I dont know if it added any power but the butt-dyno says i have gained some power.

I recommend this exhaust to anyone with a S430,S500 and 01-02 S55 b/c it will sound just like a newer 5.5 Kompressor motor. Sorry no pics of it yet and doubt ill be able to get sound clips but if you go to Eisenhaus.com you can here soundclpis of the exhaust. My next mod will be green filters.

Amir
Old 11-07-2005, 12:00 PM
Rlo
Almost a Member!

Did you get 4x120x77

I actually asked Eisenhaus directly if they could replicate the AMG quad oval collars, so changing from 4x90x77 to 4x120x77 with the finished off oval tips. Their answer was yes for an incremental fee, not bad if your really interested in that mean quad tipped look.
I agree their exhaust gets costly even compared to the 2003 S55 quad AMG exhaust and resonators from the dealership.

So does the Eisenhaus sound meaner and have more deep tone compared to the AMG exhaust ?
Old 11-07-2005, 04:34 PM

SL55/S55/CLK500
The Eisenmann has much more rumble too it when on the gas slightly, but when you floor it it gets really throaty and loud, my freind said he could hear my car from about a block and half away when WOT.