S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Keyless Go Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 S55 & 97 T88h Supra
Keyless Go Question

Anyone with Keyless Go on their cars, have you ever had the error message "Key not recognized"? I had this error on my car the other day and had to manually open the car with the key which prompted the alarm system. Could the battery be low in the key fob or is this a defective key? it happenned to both set of my key fobs.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63BS, SL55, G55, C43
Originally Posted by AMG_Mike
Anyone with Keyless Go on their cars, have you ever had the error message "Key not recognized"? I had this error on my car the other day and had to manually open the car with the key which prompted the alarm system. Could the battery be low in the key fob or is this a defective key? it happenned to both set of my key fobs.
Didn't the 'unlock' button on your Fob help out? I get 'Keycard not recognized' all the time, but a retry usually works. I had one occasion where I have had to go home to get the actual key. But then, my keyless card (creditcard) and fob are two different items (MY 2003).
Attached Thumbnails Keyless Go Question-imgp0400.jpg  
Old 12-10-2006, 03:36 PM

2006 S55 & 97 T88h Supra
on my 2006, it didnt come with a keycard. i guess the keyless go on the 06 is just the key. i tried using the key to just hit the unlock button but that didnt work either. so i had to pull out hte actual key inside the key fob to unlock the door.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63BS, SL55, G55, C43
on my 2006, it didnt come with a keycard. i guess the keyless go on the 06 is just the key. i tried using the key to just hit the unlock button but that didnt work either. so i had to pull out hte actual key inside the key fob to unlock the door.
Ok. I've had that happen once and then the ignition module had to be replaced before long. $750,- for parts and labour. The problems I was having were pretty non-deterministic (battery flat, keyless didn't work, fob didn't work) and it took them 10 days to figure it out at the workshop. Luckily I have a spare SL55 for those occasions
Old 12-10-2006, 05:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG S
At first I was thinking it was your battery in the fob but what are the chances both fobs go bad? Slim to none. It must be the actual sensor in the car. I would bring it in ASAP and get that taken care of.

By the way, The credit card fobs were only in 2003 models I believe.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2001 S500 Sport "Klaus"
it's the battery, most likely. same thing happened to me with my e55.

as for the likelihood that both batteries will go out at the same time, well, mine went out at 'nearly' the same time but only because the spare key was not used until the other one died. the spare didn't take long to die too. my guess is that MB puts in some cheap-****e batteries in there from factory so you can have the pleasure of replacing them within the first year. it's not like MB doesn't cut any corners or anything!
Old 12-27-2006, 11:19 PM
Almost a Member!

99 civic EK hatchback
how often does it do it and also when it does happen does it just happen on your door or can you open the passenger door and the trunk?