S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Will Never Own Another New Benz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
...I thought the same thing about MB quality but after the 05 SL...I cant really complain...in fact here's part of an article today on CNN.com

The Mercedes-Benz SL-class was the top-ranked "Premium sporty car" and the E-class was the top-ranked "midsize premium car." The Mercedes-Benz S-class tied with the Audi A8 as the top-ranked "large premium car."

Mercedes-Benz has not done well in J.D. Power surveys in the past but jumped 20 places in the rankings this year to finish fifth.

"All Mercedes-Benz models in the study improved substantially," said Neal Oddes, director of product research and analysis for J.D. Power, in the announcement, "and the breadth and speed of these improvements demonstrates the Mercedes-Benz commitment to quality."

Last edited by blazinginder; 06-06-2007 at 10:32 PM.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tuskir
I was just browsing biz.yahoo.com and according to them, the new Mercedes S-class and Audi A8 both tied for first in their segment in 2007 in J.D. Power & Associates 2007 quality rankings. I was really surprised, they were actually ranked higher than Lexus LS460... check it out, its on the front page of yahoo right now "Ford tops Toyota in initial quality rankings" story.
I'm sure it is because like most MB owners they will never admit that the car they just bought is junk.
1) CAMS
2) A/C UNDER DASH
3) SUPERCHARGER
4) FUEL GAUGE Still not working after 2 trips to the dealer so It was sold that way.
A friend went Lexus 10 years ago... Sad to say they do hold up great.
Bentley is a thought , But they are really not made for more than 5000 miles a year. Just more over priced crap. May be time for limo service.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
355 F1 Spider & ......V12 w220.176
Originally Posted by s55toyy
After 30 years of buying new MB's every 2 or 3 years Its over. The last 3 S's were the worst. Just dumped the 04 S55 after it was in the shop AGAIN.....They look good but built like junk.
Why say never?

You never know..........

What was it in the shop for?