S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Great News for Early S63's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 07:09 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 S63=AMG: Black (Savanna/Cashmere) Kleeman Delimited 200MPH
zippy d

parking brake must be engaged.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:25 AM

S65 Renntech'd, GL450, Super Charged Range Rover
Both the dealers in Utah say they can't do it.

They sounded dumb founded when I was asking them to look into it...

What should I tell them?

I have an 07 S65 that I would like to have done.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 E 350, 2012 GLK 350, 2012 C300 4matic
Originally Posted by love2skiutah

What should I tell them?

Print out the entire thread it's got the info they need. Remember though that I did it to my early '08. It's worth a try though.

Good luck.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
It was last week, I think monday between 10-3, I saw the silver S63 rolling on Main St past the Thruway Diner and the Home Depot. It looked beautiful.
Not me I know my dealr sold another the month after I got mine - similar without the 030 - probably that one - if the plate frams was MB White Plains
Old 08-25-2007, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 311 Likes on 229 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by love2skiutah

What should I tell them?

What worked for me with another similar case (version coding my W220 to get the side-view mirror to dip in reverse) when the dealer said it couldn't be done: get the name and number of the service advisor at the dealership that did it and give it to your SA. They're either playing dumb and won't have an excuse anymore and will just do it (that's what mine did), or they really don't know how and will call and find out.

Perhaps Eddie will PM you that information?
Old 08-26-2007, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by whoover
Perhaps Eddie will PM you that information?
Excellent idea - Done
Old 08-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Almost a Member!

Contact your Shop Manager (Mechanic Manager - Technicianl Manager). They are usually up for a challenge. Your Service Advisor doesn't know a darn thing and will pawn off what ever excuse they can. Ask for the the guy that always fixes most of the tough problems and they will get it.

All they need is the new Command Telemetrics DVD and it takes them 20 minutes to load it tops. Then you are done. I was trying to get my hands on one then burn it for all have but have not had any luck yet

If they need a consult they can contact the service department at Aristocrat Motors in Merriam, Kansas (913) 677-3300.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:37 PM

07 CL600
can someone tell me if this is the correct disc?

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INT...mpTo=OfferList
Old 09-18-2007, 02:36 PM

2008 S63, black on black, Brabus S wheels, pana
Hello folks,

I have a black on black '08 S63 I purchased back in July. I haven't posted until now.

It had the early version of the navi and thanks for the suggestions in this forum, I took it back to dealer and had it updated. Birds eye, traffic info, DVD video...all there. I did not have to purchase the DVD though....dealer took care of it.

I had requested and got the master electrician at the dealer involved and he did the research on the correct DVD to order. Took a week or so but finally arrived.

At first the DVD video would not display video - just the audio portion. That's when I discovered there are 3 options for the DVD: playback with audio only; playback with audio / video but park brake has to be engaged; playback audio / video up to 5Km / hr (about 2 Mph). So I'm good to go!

The master electrician at the dealer did mention that there's another software that will allow full playback while car is in motion. I told him I wasn't sure if I wanted to pursue that for safety reasons but to let me know if / when he finds out the details.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 S550, 2015 SL550, 2015 Lamborghini Huracan
Hambone,
Which dealership in Los Angeles do you take it to?
Old 09-19-2007, 03:18 PM

2008 S63, black on black, Brabus S wheels, pana
Calstar in Glendale.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:20 PM

2007 S550 & 2005 S500 (both FULLY loaded incl. AMG sport package)
Originally Posted by zteb
Contact your Shop Manager (Mechanic Manager - Technicianl Manager). They are usually up for a challenge. Your Service Advisor doesn't know a darn thing and will pawn off what ever excuse they can. Ask for the the guy that always fixes most of the tough problems and they will get it.

All they need is the new Command Telemetrics DVD and it takes them 20 minutes to load it tops. Then you are done. I was trying to get my hands on one then burn it for all have but have not had any luck yet

If they need a consult they can contact the service department at Aristocrat Motors in Merriam, Kansas (913) 677-3300.
I spoke with the Service Department and they claimed to have no knowledge about the upgrade. I was wondering if you had an idea who did the upgrade. My dealership here in San Francisco also has no clue as to what is going on.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:34 PM

Smile Upgrade To The Command System

Originally Posted by Hambone
Calstar in Glendale.
Hambone,

Can I request if you know the name of the guy who was at the Service department so that either I can speak with him or get my own dealership guys to connect with them so that they know what to do and thereby can upgrade the system in my car as well.

The ideal would be if one could get the DVD and instructions as to how to use it then we wouldn't have to worry about the "fairy tales" of our dealers!!!

THANKS

Last edited by sanjaysingh; 09-24-2007 at 06:17 PM. Reason: gramatical error
Old 09-24-2007, 10:08 PM

2020 GTR Roadster, 2020 GT63S
Originally Posted by sanjaysingh

Can I request if you know the name of the guy who was at the Service department so that either I can speak with him or get my own dealership guys to connect with them so that they know what to do and thereby can upgrade the system in my car as well.

The ideal would be if one could get the DVD and instructions as to how to use it then we wouldn't have to worry about the "fairy tales" of our dealers!!!

THANKS
sanjay:

Beshoff in San Jose did mine. No problems. PM me if you need further information. Beshoff's service department is top notch - if you're not too far away.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:39 PM
Almost a Member!

have your shop manager contac T.J. at Aristocrat Motors. T.J. will fill him in.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:07 PM

Smile COMMAND upgrade for W221

Originally Posted by srice
sanjay:

Beshoff in San Jose did mine. No problems. PM me if you need further information. Beshoff's service department is top notch - if you're not too far away.
Thanks buddy. I shall drive over to San Jose (I am in San Francisco) and not far at all. However, I did tell my guy that dealerships all over are able to acitivate the video on the COMMAND system so you better do something.... He has promised to look into it. Are you getting live traffic updates as well? I guess I should have just waited a little more to get the 2008 model as I bought my car in June and then it would have probably come with it!! Nevertheless, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION ONCE AGAIN.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:14 PM

Smile Command Upgrade

have your shop manager contac T.J. at Aristocrat Motors. T.J. will fill him in.
Thanks a ton. I shall try and get it done at Beshoff at San Jose as it is isn't too far from me, and incase if there is an issue then I shall ask my dealer to connect with T.J.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:32 PM

2020 GTR Roadster, 2020 GT63S
sanjay:

I would give them a call, and let them know what you want to do. They need to order the part, and I believe it is VIN specific. Once they have the part, this is a "while you wait" installation. It takes about 45 minutes.

Yes, I am getting real-time traffic information. It is nice, but not the be-all end-all. It takes some time to download the data, once you are on the road. I think they say 10 minutes for full data (it seems more like 15 - 20 minutes), and by that time, I usually have arrived wherever I am heading. It is nice on long trips, though.

Last edited by srice; 09-27-2007 at 01:06 AM.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:17 PM

sanjay:
Yes, I am getting real-time traffic information. It is nice, but not the be-all end-all. It takes some time to download the data, once you are on the road. I think they say 10 minutes for full data (it seems more like 15 - 20 minutes), and by that time, I usuall have arrived wherever I am heading. It is nice on long trips, though.
Downloading seems faster here in NY, but it's like the radio traffic reports - the degree of helpfulness is highly variable.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:59 PM

COMMAND upgrade

sanjay:

I would give them a call, and let them know what you want to do. They need to order the part, and I believe it is VIN specific. Once they have the part, this is a "while you wait" installation. It takes about 45 minutes.

Yes, I am getting real-time traffic information. It is nice, but not the be-all end-all. It takes some time to download the data, once you are on the road. I think they say 10 minutes for full data (it seems more like 15 - 20 minutes), and by that time, I usuall have arrived wherever I am heading. It is nice on long trips, though.
THANK YOU SIR. I must say after your input I spoke to my dealership and suddenly a bulb has lit up in their brain for they said that they do have an upgrade!!! It ONLY THANKS to you and inputs from other fellow-drivers of the new Merc who mentioned this aspect "above" that they have woken up...otherwise they would have NEVER bothered to let me know. SO I PERSONALLY THANK ALL OF YOU. I guess I shall now call them and let them know about the VIN specific part. It's such a let down that we have to run behind the dealer/service department instead of the other way. I am off to Europe tonight (for a week) but I shall call them to order the part and then will be on sitting their heads when I get back at the end of next week to do the upgrade. I guess we will have to live with slow download speeds on traffic but at least the feature would exist and I agree with you that it will be useful for long commutes. THANKS TO ALL OF YOU.....CHEERS.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:14 AM

Command Update for 07/08 S Class

Hey Buddies,

Got my car upgraded today with the new nav DVD (live traffic, bird's eye view, etc) thanks to this thread and all your valuable inputs and experience. My dealer had no clue whatsoever that one could watch DVD Video with the parking brake engaged.

Was wondering if any of you know which is that software (as Hambone mentioned that his electrician knew about) that allows the DVD (video) to be viewable even while the car is in motion. I just think that if one is stuck in a traffic jam (during office commute!!!) and moving at snails pace then it might just break the monotony of being in a jam!!! Right now the video disappears once you get into drive mode. Nevertheless THANKS ONCE AGAIN TO ALL OF YOU....
Old 10-05-2007, 01:34 AM

Hello folks,

I have a black on black '08 S63 I purchased back in July. I haven't posted until now.

It had the early version of the navi and thanks for the suggestions in this forum, I took it back to dealer and had it updated. Birds eye, traffic info, DVD video...all there. I did not have to purchase the DVD though....dealer took care of it.

I had requested and got the master electrician at the dealer involved and he did the research on the correct DVD to order. Took a week or so but finally arrived.

At first the DVD video would not display video - just the audio portion. That's when I discovered there are 3 options for the DVD: playback with audio only; playback with audio / video but park brake has to be engaged; playback audio / video up to 5Km / hr (about 2 Mph). So I'm good to go!

The master electrician at the dealer did mention that there's another software that will allow full playback while car is in motion. I told him I wasn't sure if I wanted to pursue that for safety reasons but to let me know if / when he finds out the details.

You mentioned that there are 3 options for the DVD: Where and exactly how does one get to these options, coz when the command is on video the three options I get are: Video on, Aux and Video off!!!

Last edited by sanjaysingh; 10-05-2007 at 01:49 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by sanjaysingh
You mentioned that there are 3 options for the DVD: Where and exactly how does one get to these options, coz when the command is on video the three options I get are: Video on, Aux and Video off!!!
TRY TO GET TO GET THE PART # OF THE DVD THAT THIS GUY GOT FROM HIS DEALER. IF YOU GET ME THAT # IS WILL SEE IF I CAN GET IT AND THE PRICE OF IT?

THANKS
Old 10-05-2007, 07:22 PM

TRY TO GET TO GET THE PART # OF THE DVD THAT THIS GUY GOT FROM HIS DEALER. IF YOU GET ME THAT # IS WILL SEE IF I CAN GET IT AND THE PRICE OF IT?

THANKS
The best person to get the part # would be Hambone (though I will try and find out from my guy as well) as Hambone seems to be getting 3 options in the way to play the DVD. Further, his electrician would probably know the part # as he was the one aware of the "motion viewing capability" .
Old 10-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Almost a Member!

Hambone ----- Please assist if you can on this one.

Calstar in Glendale.
Quote:

THANKS

The best person to get the part # would be Hambone (though I will try and find out from my guy as well) as Hambone seems to be getting 3 options in the way to play the DVD. Further, his electrician would probably know the part # as he was the one aware of the "motion viewing capability" .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Great News for Early S63's