S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Designo Colour for S63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 S63 2005 996 Turbo S, 2006 Sennia XLE Limited AWD
Designo Colour for S63

Hi I am planning to order a 2008 S63 and I need some inputs for colours (int/ext).

I am Interested in the Designo Graphite(041) for exterior and Designo Armagnac(x07) for interior. I also want to change the trims to either Maple(w64) or Star Galaxy(w73).

Does anyone have any picture on any of the above colour and trims (041,x07,w64,w73)? Please post the picture. Thank you :
Old 08-18-2007, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 314 Likes on 232 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by MBS63
Hi I am planning to order a 2008 S63 and I need some inputs for colours (int/ext).

I am Interested in the Designo Graphite(041) for exterior and Designo Armagnac(x07) for interior. I also want to change the trims to either Maple(w64) or Star Galaxy(w73).

Does anyone have any picture on any of the above colour and trims (041,x07,w64,w73)? Please post the picture. Thank you :
In the US, only preconfigured designo combinations are available, and don't include the combination you suggest. That will reduce the chances that anyone on this board will have such a car.

MB Financial, who lease many of the cars sold over here, are paranoid about accepting returns of three-year old models with unsellably hideous combinations, so they diplomatically avoid having to be one-at-a-time fashion police by being wholesale fashion police. The coordinated designo interiors available in North America are very non-controversial.

That said, I think the "US-approved" pairings of very dark brown metallic paint ("Espresso" or "Mocha") with Armagnac leather is stunning. I would be concerned that the green highlights of Graphite (it is, after all, a grey-green metallic paint) might not coordinate well with the red of the Armagnac, particularly in sunlight. In the US packages, Graphite is normally paired with a neutral interior, often black but sometimes Porcelain (white). The second most stunning US designo car I ever saw (after Espresso/Armagnac) was Graphite with a two-tone Porcelain and black interior with black piano lacquer.

Of course, taste is subjective and you or I might love Graphite on Armagnac. It's just that we're not allowed to find out in the US.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 S63 2005 996 Turbo S, 2006 Sennia XLE Limited AWD
I am lucky that I'm living in Canada and we can order Designo colour, leather and trims individually. I personally like the armagance interior colour and I realize that it may not goes well with the graphite. That's why I am asking for pics. that might have these combination. (there must have someone else in the world taste like me). Since US cars can only have the pre-select Designo package, chances for me to find the pic is slim. I hope some in Europe or Asia can respone to me message.

I have seen the sample of the armagance (the little rectangle leather) and I put it on one of the dealer's car which is the graphite. I tried it inside the showroom and also outside the showroom (under sunlight). It seem ok to me but you know that it is only a small piece of leather. It might look different when the whole seat is cover with the armgance leather.

I still want to see some pics of the armgance. I found one on this forum and it looks very bright (like orange colour). So if anyone has some pics of the armgance interior, please pot it . Thank you again.