S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

10.2" Headrests and HDTV in S63!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz E63 AMG
10.2" Headrests and HDTV in S63!

Hey we're doing a special for so cal MBWorld S63 & S65 owners

Here's what the package entails:

- 2 10.2" Headrest Monitor's with independent DVD players
- HDTV tuner
- Front seat DVD player
- 2 Wireless Headsets
- Ability to watch HDTV or any of the DVD players on any screen, including
the front seat center monitor
- You will not loose any factory features including factory Mercedes Ipod
integration kits (which if you do not have we have in stock)
- The Headrests are available in either vinyl or leather hand-stitched
Mercedes Benz fabric and match the interior perfect
- All factory integrated, meaning you use factory buttons
- We sell this installed for $6000 ($5700 w/o leather) + Tax

- FOR MBWorld......it's only $5500 ($5200 w/o leather) OUT THE DOOR!

Old 10-25-2007, 09:35 PM

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
2013 SL 550 (Previously 2012 Porsche Panamera Turbo-S, 2015 Tesla P85D, 2007 S600, 2005 E55 AMG)
These look very cool... what do they look like from the front? ...and do they deactivate the head-restraints from the pre-safe system?

Alas you are in Southern California... I want to get a rear seat entertainment system installed in my S 600 right now but I can't find anyone in the SF Bay Area who does or can do this. (Elegantly) No one seemed to know what I put out a query on MBworld a few weeks back either... There must be others who have DVD rear seat entertainment systems here?

Chris
Old 10-25-2007, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
what about the active head-pro head rest feature?
Old 10-27-2007, 03:00 AM

Mercedes Benz E63 AMG
Hey!

This headrest system does not defeat the active restraint system or restrict or affect any other safety system in the vehicle.

Mercedes-Benz has a system called Pre-Safe in these vehicles and when the vehicles senses that you are about to get into an accident the steering wheel, the seats, and the headrests move into a position that is the safest for the vehicle occupants. The way that the headrests move with this factory system is out and up about 3 inches.

These new headrests are the equivelent size of the factory headrest in that safe mode.

We have activated the pre-safe mode in the factory headrests and compared side-by-side installed and outside the new S-class to make sure that these new headrests are equally as safe as the factory.

The way we install is so that your vehicle looks and functions as if it came from Germany that way.

That is our guarantee.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:16 PM

2010 S600 sold
Originally Posted by 110motoring
Hey!

This headrest system does not defeat the active restraint system or restrict or affect any other safety system in the vehicle.

Mercedes-Benz has a system called Pre-Safe in these vehicles and when the vehicles senses that you are about to get into an accident the steering wheel, the seats, and the headrests move into a position that is the safest for the vehicle occupants. The way that the headrests move with this factory system is out and up about 3 inches.

These new headrests are the equivelent size of the factory headrest in that safe mode.

We have activated the pre-safe mode in the factory headrests and compared side-by-side installed and outside the new S-class to make sure that these new headrests are equally as safe as the factory.

The way we install is so that your vehicle looks and functions as if it came from Germany that way.

That is our guarantee.
How many of these headsets have you installed in MY07 and MY08 S65's?
Old 10-28-2007, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
Originally Posted by 110motoring
Hey!

That is our guarantee.
LMAO...

Please step away from the crack pipe.

First before I correct your safety testing, I will state that it absolutely looks ghetto, it is an S-Class client you are marketing to, not a ghetto street thug wanting hater vision installed. Savv has the worse matching (if they want to call it that) material out of any of the all-in-one headrest manufacturers. The monitor in no way shape or form even looks like it belongs. and at that price?

then you have the safety... you stated somewhere that you actually crash tested a few S class vehicles with these monitors installed, and that it is safe because you say so? no? Your nuts, and knowing these Savv monitors from actually having hands on experience with them... they will become a missile hazard in an accident.

You should take great lengths to ensure the safety of your clientèle, is it a BS feature? Not my call, nor yours.

and please, don't even get me going, I never needed a play on 310 for a shop name
Old 10-28-2007, 08:45 AM
Almost a Member!

S Class, XC90 and Auris
Why don't you guys just order the Rear seat entertainement wih the car? The original MB system. Is it not avaiable in the USA?

Last edited by momentos_s; 10-28-2007 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:18 PM

2006 C350 Sport 6MT, 2000 BMW 323ci
Originally Posted by momentos_s
Why don't you guys just order the Rear seat entertainement wih the car? The original MB system. Is it not avaiable in the USA?
it's not available in the US market. However, I seen people get the parts in Europe and install them by themshelves.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:05 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by jbondox
LMAO...

Please step away from the crack pipe.

First before I correct your safety testing, I will state that it absolutely looks ghetto, it is an S-Class client you are marketing to, not a ghetto street thug wanting hater vision installed. Savv has the worse matching (if they want to call it that) material out of any of the all-in-one headrest manufacturers. The monitor in no way shape or form even looks like it belongs. and at that price?

then you have the safety... you stated somewhere that you actually crash tested a few S class vehicles with these monitors installed, and that it is safe because you say so? no? Your nuts, and knowing these Savv monitors from actually having hands on experience with them... they will become a missile hazard in an accident.

You should take great lengths to ensure the safety of your clientèle, is it a BS feature? Not my call, nor yours.

and please, don't even get me going, I never needed a play on 310 for a shop name
I have seen this install first hand I can tell you it looks 100% factory, the craftsmanship, attention to detail and finished product are top notch - If you think it looks "ghetto", well, that's just one A$$holes opinion.
As far as it being a "BS feature"....it clearly is THIER call since the demand is there and people are buying them.
Sounds like you just have a bone to pick, or perhaps you just don't know WTF you're talking about...
Old 11-02-2007, 05:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
Originally Posted by LZH
I have seen this install first hand I can tell you it looks 100% factory, the craftsmanship, attention to detail and finished product are top notch - If you think it looks "ghetto", well, that's just one A$$holes opinion.
As far as it being a "BS feature"....it clearly is THIER call since the demand is there and people are buying them.
Sounds like you just have a bone to pick, or perhaps you just don't know WTF you're talking about...
It's ghetto, want to see the same savv bonnet in a S65 for a 10.2" ? I will bring it in for ya... I had one of the first 10" produced from them. And if i think it looks ghetto, trust me, it is ghetto... my taste isn't all that, but when you take a flag ship sedan, replace the safety squishy with a new squishy and claim it is the same as the factory squishy safety wise, without crash testing the vehicle to see if the new squishy is the same as the old squishy.

look i love hater vision, I would toss a set in the rear window also off the back seat if it would look as good as factory, but they don't, and never will, and the craftsmanship on the bonnets is fair, nothing like the vizualogic's though...

Oh yeah I know nothing about anything, except squishy's
Old 11-06-2007, 10:55 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by jbondox
And if i think it looks ghetto, trust me, it is ghetto...
Oh yeah I know nothing about anything, except squishy's
Those 2 idiotic comments prove my point, and you're egocentric attitude backs it up - WELL DONE !!!
One other thing - 110 does great work, but the photos in this thread aren't the greatest. So, unless you saw this install firsthand, you're just talking out of your a$$ in regards to your comparison to factory. But then again, I expected such generalized and uninformed comments from someone who thinks their opinion is fact.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

beater with a heater
Originally Posted by LZH
Those 2 idiotic comments prove my point, and you're egocentric attitude backs it up - WELL DONE !!!
One other thing - 110 does great work, but the photos in this thread aren't the greatest. So, unless you saw this install firsthand, you're just talking out of your a$$ in regards to your comparison to factory. But then again, I expected such generalized and uninformed comments from someone who thinks their opinion is fact.
Do you think they are the first to drop a SAVV 10" in a Benz? Seriously? I used to do audio for a living, I know what it looks like, and as i stated before, when the 10" came out, I was one of the first to play around with them. I also had a huge clientele of NFL athletes who always wanted the biggest screens possible, but when you have one of the athletes that worships a box chevy and comment that it looks ghetto, WTF are you going to justify it? My comment about me knowing ghetto, is that I used to have to do every hood rat dope dealing thug in the neighborhood before I moved on to better, and eventually opened my own, and eventually sold it off... So trust me when i say i know ghetto. And when I stated that it looks like crap, it is deducted from a professional opinion formed from first hand knowledge and installation of the same set up... would you like to continue this?

You are taking a $150k - $200k vehicle and adding a monitor that is the same size as a Maybach, which is located in the back of the seat, to a headrest. Then stating it is safe, even though that the headrest is flimsy. Get real.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Banned

German
.....that sooo PIMP!!! ...they look like plasma TV's
Old 11-14-2007, 08:30 AM
Almost a Member!

2008 S63=AMG: Black (Savanna/Cashmere) Kleeman Delimited 200MPH
You can order the rear seat entertainment on new builds now.