S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Thriving aftermarket for S63 AMG?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S63 AMG
Thriving aftermarket for S63 AMG?

I just recently ordered my 08' S63 AMG (I wanted to get the Black Series but couldn't find one) And just being curious, What is the state of the After market for S63 AMG's? Does AMG have parts you can order for the S63? Is there a healthy after market for good QUALITY parts? In fact, Is there a way to upgrade the car to Black Series status? I'm not too much Interested in making the car look like a Black Series, but just get the same performance. (Is it a myth that the Black Series is a better performer?)

D.S.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1953 Fiat Topolino
Black Series S63?

Autocat: The only Black Series Mercedes right now is the CLK63BS. The AMG guys I met in August '07 at Quail (Carmel) during Pebble Beach Concours/Historics race week for the CLK63BS test rides hinted that the next Black Series will be a 2009 SL63. We are far away from seeing a Black Series S63. The many modifications AMG make on their Black Series vehicles would not make sense for you to do on a regular AMG car in the aftermarket, even if you could find some parts for it and an outfit that could duplicate the factory installation & complex engineering. It would aso ruin you financially. Look at the MSRP of the Black Series CLK63 vs a regular AMG CLK and you will quickly understand why. AMG recognizes that the Black Series treatment (adjustable suspension, lightweight, etc) lends itself more to a vehicle a customer might use on the track, which is not (in my opinion) the mission of the larger S class. Z356
Old 10-28-2007, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G55 & SLK55
You could add a Renntech lowering module, Renntech forged wheels and some header, x pipe, charcol filter removals, 2x aftermarket filters, headers and an ecu to increase horsepower.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 S600 sold
Originally Posted by Z356
Autocat: The only Black Series Mercedes right now is the CLK63BS. The AMG guys I met in August '07 at Quail (Carmel) during Pebble Beach Concours/Historics race week for the CLK63BS test rides hinted that the next Black Series will be a 2009 SL63. We are far away from seeing a Black Series S63. The many modifications AMG make on their Black Series vehicles would not make sense for you to do on a regular AMG car in the aftermarket, even if you could find some parts for it and an outfit that could duplicate the factory installation & complex engineering. It would aso ruin you financially. Look at the MSRP of the Black Series CLK63 vs a regular AMG CLK and you will quickly understand why. AMG recognizes that the Black Series treatment (adjustable suspension, lightweight, etc) lends itself more to a vehicle a customer might use on the track, which is not (in my opinion) the mission of the larger S class. Z356
Besides the auspension and lightweight what are you paying the premium $$$ for?
Old 10-29-2007, 12:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1953 Fiat Topolino
Trojan: Go to the CLK63 Black Series sub-forum and find out. https://mbworld.org/forums/clk63-black-series-forum-registry-92/. I drove the car and it is something special. The wonderful thing about our market system is that manufacturers will fill the void left by a demand. Apparently, there are many people interested is this type of package and are willing to spend the money for it. You will find a good number of them at the sub-forum above. I just sold my BMW Z8 and replaced it with a sporty 650 convertible, so I now want to try the luxury and comfort associated with a S63, S600 or S65. That is where I will allocate MY funds. But that is not to say that the CLK63 Black Series is not an excellent product. It is. It is also quite a departure for Mercedes and opens up the possibility of more exciting AMG models all along the range. Z356