S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

stay away from mercedes of tampa bay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB
Many dealers usually have those warnings and disclaimers posted that they're not responsible for personal belongings left in the vehicle, etc... blah, blah, blah.

Sorry to hear your loss, it's a bummer... but on that note, if the dealer wanted to show exemplary customer service - maybe the service manager could have had a talk with the staff to reiterate that theft in the workplace will not be tolerated, and then continue to investigate further...

Originally Posted by RobCLS63
dropped off my cls63 last week at merc service for 16k mile service which is really just an over priced oil change. They had to keep it over night because they had to order a part for the brake recall. I left my $300 Maui jims in their case in that small compartment under the drivers seat. I thought about taking them with me but figured it was merc - they won't steal them. I didn't know I'd have to leave the car there over night. Picked up the car and found the glasses and the case were gone. I'm 100% sure they were stolen. I told the service guy that maybe someone set them aside while they worked on the car. He went to the back but said no sign and no one had seen them. This is not the kind of service I expect on a $100k mercedes. They said therres nothing they can do..So i said ill be sure to share my story with as many people as possible..thanks for listening

Rob
Old 06-02-2008, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S65 Renntech'd, GL450, Super Charged Range Rover
Originally Posted by RobCLS63
dropped off my cls63 last week at merc service for 16k mile service which is really just an over priced oil change. They had to keep it over night because they had to order a part for the brake recall. I left my $300 Maui jims in their case in that small compartment under the drivers seat. I thought about taking them with me but figured it was merc - they won't steal them. I didn't know I'd have to leave the car there over night. Picked up the car and found the glasses and the case were gone. I'm 100% sure they were stolen. I told the service guy that maybe someone set them aside while they worked on the car. He went to the back but said no sign and no one had seen them. This is not the kind of service I expect on a $100k mercedes. They said therres nothing they can do..So i said ill be sure to share my story with as many people as possible..thanks for listening

Rob
Same thing happened to me. I had a pair of $900 Chrome Hearts stolen from my sun visor. They were just sitting on a clip. I have never removed them from my car, EVER. I keep 1 nice pair of glasses in each of my cars and leave them there for driving. I dropped my G55 off at Salt Lake and 4 hours later. GONE.

You have to realize, they have a lot of "lot techs" and kids moving/washing the vehicles around. It's kind of tempting for a young kid to grab something, knowing no one will ever find out. So sad, but it's the truth. I brought it up to the manager and they gave me free floor mats, when I said I'm taking my car somewhere else.