S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

S55 Sidelight change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S55 AMG 2003
S55 Sidelight change

Does anyone know how to replace a blown sidelight? I would really like to know if I can. From under the hood, I can remove the lid to the cup, can reach in with one hand, can wiggle the wires but can't see or reach the bulb. When I wiggle the wire the bulb moves, but I can't get a look to see if I will break something if I pull. Should I approach from the front?
Thanks for any and all help!

Last edited by ShaeDB; 07-16-2008 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Typos and quotation marks
Old 07-16-2008, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
V12TT
Originally Posted by ShaeDB
Does anyone know how to replace a blown sidelight? I would really like to know if I can. From under the hood, I can remove the lid to the cup, can reach in with one hand, can wiggle the wires but can't see or reach the bulb. When I wiggle the wire the bulb moves, but I can't get a look to see if I will break something if I pull. Should I approach from the front?
Thanks for any and all help!
If you're referring to the side marker lights on the impact strip then the light can be easily be popped out from outside or you can remove the whole impact strip by pulling it out forward. You can use a screwdriver but careful not to scratch anything. Good luck and welcome