S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Need your input on Tuning! (2005 S55 AMG)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts
2020 AMG GT-R PRO
Need your input on Tuning! (2005 S55 AMG)

Hey everyone,

I'm driving a 2005 S55 AMG, and I am definitely planning to purchase K1 + K2 for my car. I'm running on a ECU upgrade, and can't wait to see what would happen.

What do you guys think?! any suggestions?!
Old 05-22-2009, 11:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 S55 AMG
Welcome to the forum.

First of all you should shop around. Gone are the days of 3 and 4 grand for stage 1 kits. What ECU do you have on the car right now? As it stands you have 1/2 stage one. You can get a ASP Pulley for 850 or a VRP for a little over a grand. Either one is a viable option. I have a ASP pulley for about 15k miles with no problems. Stage 2 will be more expensive as the w220 is different from the 211 and 219 platforms. Good luck with the car.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG
ShangoAshe that's an awesome car you got there.. rare car around here.

There are many routes that you can take with this car..

You can work the cooling system and upgrade them pump and separate the cooling circuits. You can also add an additional heat exchanger in the front bumper... I don't know what the real estate is like behind the S55 AMG front bumper, but I know my car has none and I think the setup is very similar if not exactly the same as far as oil cooler size and position.

I think you can also get headers, pulley, TCU tune, CF airbox... the list goes on the 55K motor is mod city.

Originally Posted by SSM AMG
Welcome to the forum.

First of all you should shop around. Gone are the days of 3 and 4 grand for stage 1 kits. What ECU do you have on the car right now? As it stands you have 1/2 stage one. You can get a ASP Pulley for 850 or a VRP for a little over a grand. Either one is a viable option. I have a ASP pulley for about 15k miles with no problems. Stage 2 will be more expensive as the w220 is different from the 211 and 219 platforms. Good luck with the car.
Great suggestions... hows your car doing?
Old 05-23-2009, 07:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 S55 AMG
Originally Posted by Oxygen
ShangoAshe that's an awesome car you got there.. rare car around here.

There are many routes that you can take with this car..

You can work the cooling system and upgrade them pump and separate the cooling circuits. You can also add an additional heat exchanger in the front bumper... I don't know what the real estate is like behind the S55 AMG front bumper, but I know my car has none and I think the setup is very similar if not exactly the same as far as oil cooler size and position.

I think you can also get headers, pulley, TCU tune, CF airbox... the list goes on the 55K motor is mod city.

Great suggestions... hows your car doing?
Good man can't complain. Im still looking for that 65 AMG. Hows the shop? Will stop by one day.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts
2020 AMG GT-R PRO
haha thanks for all the input guys! =)
i'm just going to wait a little longer into the summer before I buy any of the parts.
but anyways in the meantime, was wondering if anyone smoked their lights?
AND if anyone did clear sidem markers on the S55 yet. I really want to see how it looks!
let me know guys! and thanks again! XD
Old 05-27-2009, 10:12 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 Sport & Rs6
Originally Posted by ShangoAshe
haha thanks for all the input guys! =)
i'm just going to wait a little longer into the summer before I buy any of the parts.
but anyways in the meantime, was wondering if anyone smoked their lights?
AND if anyone did clear sidem markers on the S55 yet. I really want to see how it looks!
let me know guys! and thanks again! XD
Welcome to the Forum....

Your car will look amazing with smoked lights. We are Renntech & Kleemann dealers, let us know if we can help!!!

Show us more pics of your beast!