S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

>>The ACT Reservoir - Active Cooling Tank Available<<

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55
>>The ACT Reservoir - Active Cooling Tank Available<<

ACT - Active Cooling Tank

LET Motorsports is pleased to announce availability of the next part for those seeking maximum performance: The Active Cooling Tank, or ACT.

The 55/32 Kompressor motors, as well as the 600 and 65 Biturbos use an air-to-water circuit to provide cooling of the intake charge. This charge-cooler circuit, sometimes referred to as the intercooler circuit, gets heat-soaked rapidly in stock configuration. Modified cars running more boost heat-soak even faster – ultimately reducing performance!

A larger front-mount heat exchanger (FMHE) helps a great deal, as it adds fluid volume to the circuit and recovers faster than the smaller stock unit.

The ultimate solution? The Active Cooling Tank.

This trunk-mounted reservoir is the best for 3 reasons:

1) It increases the total fluid volume of the cooling circuit by XXX liters
2) It allows for ice to be added to the circuit, increasing efficiency to GREATER THAN 100%
3) The ACT has a second, separate interior tank for dry ice – you can run BOTH !!!

Details include:

Fully insulated double wall construction – billet brackets – AN-10 swivel fittings – large access ports for ice – welded drain port – screened outlet – integrated heatsink on dry ice tank – downtube for CO2 evacuation – top-quality materials and construction throughout – 1 year warranty

The ACT kit includes all fittings, hoses and brackets required for install. Also included is a circuit separation kit, to eliminate the crossover pipe to the engine's coolant.

Due to the unique shape and design of the tank, there is sufficient room to place a supplementary pump (+$175) or nitrous bottle in the remaining area of the spare tire well.

Pricing has been set as follows:

ACT tank only: $ 499.99
ACT tank kit: $ 649.99
ACT tank + pump $ 824.99

(Prices do not include shipping.)

We are now taking orders for these vehicles:

E55 – CLS55 – SL55 – CL55 – S55
SL600 – CL600 – S600
SL65 – CL65 – S65
C32

Estimated delivery in 1-2 weeks

Pics:
Top:

Side:

Screened outlet:

Trunk pics (E55):

Old 08-26-2009, 07:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes S600TT, LX470 SuperCharged, QX4, BMW 750IL
Will this void my warranty? How much to install (I am in Chicagoland)?
Old 08-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55
I have heard nothing but praise from the Mercedes Service Advisors who have seen our cooling upgrades. This makes no change to any emissions hardware or calibrations, so I doubt this will affect your warranty status.

I would budget 3 hours of labor to install. EuroCharged is $65/hr, dealer is $110/hr.