S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

ABC issues, Oxygen you out there?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 07:09 AM

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
ABC issues, Oxygen you out there?

Hey all.
Well my S55 is having a few issues with the ABC. The right front strut had a leak so I went ahead and had it replaced and flushed. That cost over $2,500. I also am having a problem with what I believe the pressure sensor for the ABC. The car randomly comes up with the red warning saying ABC drive carefully. When they were doing the strut replacement they saw the warning come up and checked the computer and there was no pressure readings. That is when they said that it may be the pressure sensor. I didn't have time to wait since I was in a wedding and HAD to take the car and go.
The car still drives fine BUT the car will not lift or anything like that. It does hold the same hight and handle OK I guess just seems a bit bouncy. So what do you think? Oxygen you seem to be a pro at this what is your opinion? Remember the warning is only random and sometimes the system works just fine.
Thank You
Johan
Old 09-22-2009, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG
Could be a bad ABC pressure sensor or the pump could be on it's way out and not supplying enough pressure to the system... I'd have to see the codes and do some diagnostics. This is like you coughing and asking me if you have the swine flu or not.. I don't know, need to run diagnostics.

In anycase, if your car is handling "OK" but is bouncy, that means that the ABC system has switched on the passive mode and is basically shut down and just keep the struts up so you can drive it to wherever you have to.

I would sometimes blame this on low fluid level but if your system was just serviced then that would not be the case.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pinto
bring it back and complaint..have them check it out for free..heheh no charged..

just complaint blah blah blah..after you guys replace my strut..abc light comes on etc...

yeah like oxygen said..and there's alot of stuff on the car that can fail..so try to get the code asap..maybe post it here ?
Old 09-22-2009, 09:18 PM

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
No the error was there before the new strut. The error came on a few weeks ago when my fluid ran low from the very slow strut leak. That is why I decided to finally get the strut fixed. They did the rodeo with no problems so that is why we think the sensor is the problem it read 0 PSI. Well I guess I will find out soon. Just thought I would ask. Thanks for the help.
Johan
Old 09-22-2009, 10:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pinto
let us know what they find on your car..please..

because i have 2003 model also..recently my white abc come on intermittently also..*(same as you)...i haven't have time to go get it scan.. yet..

im suspecting pressure sensor also..

Old 09-22-2009, 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by Oxygen
This is like you coughing and asking me if you have the swine flu or not.. I don't know, need to run diagnostics.
that's an easy one: swine flu

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night