S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Sorry another annoying ABC question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2009 | 08:04 PM

Sorry another annoying ABC question

Well I need help. My 2003 S55 is being a big old pain in my ***. For a while my car had a slow leak in the front right ABC strut. Finally the car came up and warned me ABC drive carefully. I then went and added some Pentosin since it was a little low but the warning was still there randomly. A few weeks back I had the strut replaced and they flushed through 11 liters of Pentosin and with a new filter and did the rodeo procedure but I still get the warning. It is very obvious to me that when the warning comes up it seems that the pump stops working since there is no movement in the ABC fluid at all. When you start the car cold the warning does not come up and the car works great. You can drive it all day with no problems at all but as soon as you turn it off and restart the warning comes up and goes into stupid mode.
Can anyone out there have any idea what is going on? I would think that if the pump was weak wouldn't the warning come up after driving it for a bit? I just do not want to have the dealer replace random parts until they find the problem that will add up fast. Thanks for any help or ideas.
Johan
Old 10-07-2009 | 10:45 PM

Pinto
sound like abc pressure sending unit..

go have the shop who did the strut replacement. pull the stored code and you can go on from there....

likewise here, once you get the "ABC visit workshop" the system is disable. all the valve lock and car drive rough, supension uneven sometimes..
Old 10-08-2009 | 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Viet_Amg408
sound like abc pressure sending unit..

go have the shop who did the strut replacement. pull the stored code and you can go on from there....

likewise here, once you get the "ABC visit workshop" the system is disable. all the valve lock and car drive rough, supension uneven sometimes..
That is what I thought it was at first but why doesn't the car disable the ABC at all on the first start and after even if you drive for hours? It only happens on a restart.
Old 10-08-2009 | 03:13 PM

Pinto
Originally Posted by DRTYLNDY
That is what I thought it was at first but why doesn't the car disable the ABC at all on the first start and after even if you drive for hours? It only happens on a restart.

it happen to me to..radomly too, so i don't know...electrical are hard to predict lol..

im looking for the pressure sensor myself but they dont' sell it seperate no more..have to buy the whole valve set..which is 1k...