S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

2005 S55 NOS and other questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 AMG S55
2005 S55 NOS and other questions

I have a 2005 S55 with some consmetic mods (wheels, some lorinser add-ons etc. but no performance add-ons). I have been running the vehicle at speeds 100+ and am trying to get more power/punch.

I would like to know if anyone has run NOS on an S55? Most normal non-NOS "Stage" kits(Renntech, etc.) I see add very little HP to the vehicle, but are quite expensive, so I am wondering if NOS is a better option.

Also has anyone added halo fog or head lights or any led strip lights that look cool? Many I have seen appear cheap.....
Old 02-10-2010, 08:56 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
Originally Posted by NORWIG
I have a 2005 S55 with some consmetic mods (wheels, some lorinser add-ons etc. but no performance add-ons). I have been running the vehicle at speeds 100+ and am trying to get more power/punch.

I would like to know if anyone has run NOS on an S55? Most normal non-NOS "Stage" kits(Renntech, etc.) I see add very little HP to the vehicle, but are quite expensive, so I am wondering if NOS is a better option.

Also has anyone added halo fog or head lights or any led strip lights that look cool? Many I have seen appear cheap.....
I'd be over in the w211 e55 section, lots of modders over there, and it's the same motor. I think most of those guys would tell you pulley and a tune is your first move and gains real hps, followed by intake, headers, exhaust. There are a few guys spraying over there, but they'll give you the skinny. 1 word of caution... with 1 post, they will rip you to shreds if you start acting like an a hole... I'd start by doing some e55 mod searches first. Z
Old 02-11-2010, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
We E guys are a wild bunch.

I was over checking out SGC's insane time and stumbled on this.

If you have no other mods, I would not recommend NOS right off the bat.

These 55 engines respond SO well to mods and pulleys and tunes have never been cheaper while producing so much HP. Not sure how you would feel about headers on the luxury liner but opening up the exhaust really makes these 55's happy too.

Simple pulley and tune and your car will get up and jump.

I have run NOS before and with the fuel rail setup, they are actually near perfect for a wet shot setup. Just always scared me that I was one solenoid failure away from POOF. Just so much HP out there to be gained with tuning and mods before I would shoot the engine.

Company called ASP is the standard now for pulleys for 55's while several companies offer pretty good tunes. PM me if you need some tuners info.

You have any other questions, come on over and ask away.

The guys can get a bit heated debating each other, but they are good bunch of hp freaks.