S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

service question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S63 AMG
service question

got a Service D due on my S63 that I just acquired, question is should I take it to the dealer (no loaners available until next tuesday) or a certified indy shop that was recommended to me?

pros/cons for each?

price diff for each?

Im still under warranty. Thanks for any help.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
unless the car has free maintenance, or you like the comfort of having an authorized mb dealer do the work, go to a well-respected and referenced indy. you'll save money most likely, and can get same oem parts if you want (or quality german equivalents which are less). price the service at mb dealer, and then ask indy their fee and make sure work is same and parts are equivalent. you'll likely see a significant difference.

make sure you bring your service book and have them stamp it, that's always a big hit when you go to sell the car and can bring more money.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:23 PM

S63 AMG
thanks...I dropped it off for them to fix my panaramic roof (clicking sound) and he priced the fixes for me:

Service B - $350
Transmission Flush - $450
Brake Flush - $99

So like you said, just go to a well-respected indy dealer correct?
Old 05-09-2011, 01:39 PM

S63 AMG
Originally Posted by Becks Imports
make sure you bring your service book and have them stamp it, that's always a big hit when you go to sell the car and can bring more money.
I actually didn't see a service book with the car, is there any place I can get one or find the old one? I just looked at the carfax before purchasing. Do indy shops show service stuff in the carfax?
Old 05-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jigupatel
I actually didn't see a service book with the car, is there any place I can get one or find the old one? I just looked at the carfax before purchasing. Do indy shops show service stuff in the carfax?
yes, now call indy and ask for price of same services, and ask them what parts they use...oem? oem german equivalent? mobil 1 oil? etc.

often indy shops will show up in carfax. but this is for your records and future resale value.

ebay is your friend:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-...ltDomainQ5f100

it's possible you can track down original book set if you have prior owner's name on title, or call selling dealer and ask them if they have the books or can contact owner and ask.

Bruce