S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Trunk tank and pump flow combo.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 11:02 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Trunk tank and pump flow combo.

I have done a lot of cooling flow test over the last few years and this is what I found to be the best set up on the CL/S class system.

First, a lot of people claim that you can buy to big of a pump and flow water to fast and hurt IAT`s. I never believed that and found it to be BS. Our stock size lines will only allow so much flow and that will not hurt IAT`s. You need to flow water fast and all the pumps we all talk about , will not flow TO FAST.

First, an auxillary H/E added to the stock H/E is a good mod. Then use Mez front pump, with a Rule 2000 pump located inside your rear trunk tank. I have a 4.7 gallon tank and can not find any reason to run a larger tank than this. After a full mile run, I still have 50 degree water temp. in the tank but all 20lbs of ice will melt. In a 1/4 mile run, there is still enough ice for another run.

The front Mez pump loves the push pull system of the Mez/rule pump combo. The rule pushes water and the Mez pulls, creating a flow syneregy of sort. Even with all this, flowing 5.5 gallons per minute in our lines, is about the max you can attain with these large pumps.

My trunk tank is also desinged to fit inside my spare tire and out of sight.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd

Last edited by Exotic-metal55; 08-02-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts
2020 AMG GT-R PRO
Awesome Brooke!

Can't wait till race season again!
Old 08-02-2011, 12:50 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Originally Posted by ShangoAshe
Awesome Brooke!

Can't wait till race season again!
Thanks! Love your top tanks! Great work bro..My ported heads will be on soon and they flow over 350 CFM at near stock lift! Chevy cant even do that at 700 lift. lol

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 08-02-2011, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts
2020 AMG GT-R PRO
Originally Posted by Exotic-metal55
Thanks! Love your top tanks! Great work bro..My ported heads will be on soon and they flow over 350 CFM at near stock lift! Chevy cant even do that at 700 lift. lol
Thanks dude! I just got to figure out a couple issues with my boost; but anywho the ported heads should be sweet once you have'em installed.

Can't wait to hear more results from them brooke. Keep us updated!