S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Thinking about lowering my S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 04:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2000 mercedes benz s430
Thinking about lowering my S

Hey guys I been thinking non stop about lowering my car. I want to go really low I think I looks awesome on my stock 18's. Just wanted to know how bad will I mess up my ride quality and am I risking that my airmatic will go out much sooner then normal? Also if some of you can post some pics of your lowered w220's I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2011, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 S55 AMG W-220
Don't!! Just buy a bigger rim and roll your wheel panels if you have to. Steel coils blow. If you were to go with a pneumatic lowering system Renntech has one but its a few k. AI actually have sick pair of 22 in Carlsson rims for sale. 6 k new all your for 3500 cant go any lower. they would look sick though. model 2/11 look them up.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:49 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
S55K AMG
Originally Posted by SFBIGBODY415
Hey guys I been thinking non stop about lowering my car. I want to go really low I think I looks awesome on my stock 18's. Just wanted to know how bad will I mess up my ride quality and am I risking that my airmatic will go out much sooner then normal? Also if some of you can post some pics of your lowered w220's I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
Im sure you'll be able to use the same method that im looking at lowering my 04 S55 with (once i get it), but do a search for "Lowering Links", theres a trader on here who sells these, i think at about $200.

Pretty easy to install and look fantastic once the car lowers.

I too had the question about wether it was going to make the suspension go out sooner than normal, turns out it wont.

As for the ride quality, i think it makes it just a little stiffer but nothing too bad. At the end of the day its still on air.

Dont just buy bigger wheels to fill your arches, all that will do is send your car higher up and make it into a tractor.

Look at the thread at the very top of this section, calling for all S class owners to post their pictures, you'll see some really nice W220's that are lowered. My favorite is the silver one on about page 3/4.