S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

S65 amg

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S65 amg
S65 amg

Hello
I have an s65 Amg w221 year 2006.
I have had some problem With the cooling of the engine:-(
I sent to my friend who has an stardiagnostic and he flins that something is wrong With My thermostat Because the engine fan starts to cool Down the engine after 10min drive and i could really hear it going on in full:-( so that is How i noticed that something is wrong.
But i have changed the thermostat but engine cooling fan starts again after à few minutes drive:-(((
Please Can somebody help me? The star doesnt say anything more:-(
Old 10-30-2011, 08:49 PM

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
Hello,
I don't really understand what the problem is or what you are asking really. Sorry. Maybe you could describe the exact situation again.
Johan
Old 10-31-2011, 02:48 AM

S65 amg
Hi
I noticed after maybee 10min drive that When i hit the gaspedal the engine fan goes in full Because the engine gets to warm i think.
But Here in Sweden Its cold. So i went to an friend who found that thermostat is broken so i changed it but Its still there!!!
I understand IF Its a warm sommer day and the engine cooling fan is on but now:-( Its about +5 Here :-(
Old 11-02-2011, 09:27 PM

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
Hello.
So the car over heats while in motion leads me to think the water pump may be the problem. If your just sitting and idling the car will warm up and sart the fan. My S55 warms up and starts the fan pretty quickly here in Maine which has a similar climate to Sweden.
So where in Sweden are you? My family has a house in Stromstad.
Johan
Old 11-04-2011, 11:15 PM

2004 SL500, 2003 S55, 2002 S430 RIP, 1999 ML430, 1999 SLK Sports 230 Compressor "Sold"
Originally Posted by chrtrp
Hi
I noticed after maybee 10min drive that When i hit the gaspedal the engine fan goes in full Because the engine gets to warm i think.
But Here in Sweden Its cold. So i went to an friend who found that thermostat is broken so i changed it but Its still there!!!
I understand IF Its a warm sommer day and the engine cooling fan is on but now:-( Its about +5 Here :-(
When the fan kicks on what is the reading on your temperature guage?

Curious to see if truly overheating, did you replace the thermostat with the oem or did you get one from a universal parts store? What temperature is rated on the thermostat you replaced?
On my ML430 when the A/C is on the electric fan does kick on more often, I do not notice that symptom on the S55.

Last edited by wsy3benz; 11-04-2011 at 11:15 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-05-2011, 01:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 S500
A lot of vehicles have 2 temperature sensors on the engine cooling system, not sure if yours has 2 or 1. One of them is for the dash board gauge reading, and the other is for the fan, through a relay or computer. If the one for the fan is going bad it will either send false info or no info at all. This may cause the fan to either come on at the wrong temp or not come on at all. Hope this helps
Old 11-09-2011, 04:27 AM

S65 amg
Hi
the thermostat is oem bought from mercedes
This even happends when i start the car,engine cold
I can feel thats something is ON when it shouldnt..... but only when i drive.
Standing still with engine on i cant hear or feel anything except when gear in P and i hit the pedal full and when it returns back to almost idling i can feel like there is something on 1100rpm, like the webasto is on but it isnt.........
I have been reading soooooo much about the icpump and i cant find any answers;(
which one should i buy guys? sls?
Not interested in meziere or johnsson.....

When engine is warm my coolant water tempeture is about 95-98c i dont know in F hehehehe is this normal?
Yesterday my friend looked on the star computer and found that the left sensor airfilter is full and needs to be changed but they are new!!!!
We changed from left to right still the same, we changed the left sensor to the right and still the left cylinder airfilter full...........
We took of the left cooler down to turbo and no leaking etc.... everything looked normal.....
we took the car out for a drive with star computer on and it shows that this sensor react when we hit 5000rpm.......
The car goes perfect, no cutting etc..... very very strange things hehehehe
Old 11-11-2011, 08:24 AM

S65 amg
Hi
I went to Mercedes and they told me that the sensors needs to reset When airfilter is changed! So we Will see.
That is not the problem for me,,,,,
My problem is the coolant heat(engine) yesterday i went to city With a LOT of traffic, the damn engine fan went in full Its so anoying Its to loud like an airplane hahahaha it was +3 only!!!!
I ordered an sensor for the engine fan so i Will see if gets better......
I mailed kleemann about this problem and they told i need to bleed the system very WELL!!!! Kleemann told me ger over Here and we fix it, only problem is i need to drive 800km hahaha i asked but Mercedes Here Can Do that but he sad no no they Cant! We have an special tool for that!!!!!
I dont know is he kidding?
Mercedes produce this car Come on.........
Old 11-11-2011, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2007 SL55 AMG
when you changed the thermostat did you change the whole housing including the temperature sensor? The sensor is likely your problem, not the thermostat.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:13 PM

S65 amg
Hi
I changed the sensor too :-)