S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

How do yo uguys monitor your engine?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 06:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 ML350 1987 Buick GN 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 2006 Mercedes S65
How do yo uguys monitor your engine?

I was at a local 1/8 mile drag strip a few months ago and I ran into this guy who had a real nice W211 and was running in the low 7's. HE had this real tricked out scanner that was about the size of an iphone and it was on his A-pillar. He had made the gauges look just like the AMG gauges in his car and he was able to monitor everything via the OBD 2 port. I cant remember the company that made it but I was just wondering what everyone else uses to monitor their engine (i.e. boost, IAC, engine temp, etc). I am looking for something like he had, that was about the size of a Navigation unit and could display everything. Thanks!

And if you have pics and links that would be awesome too guys! Thanks!
Old 02-19-2012, 10:47 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
2018 S63, lowered
I use an Actron from auto zone and it'll tell me everyone of those parameters plus about 30 more.....all done via the obd port obviously but can't mount it anywhere, its a handheld unit I use it every time I dyno, I'm at the the track, for the occasional check engine light and for regular maintenance/monitoring of the boost, IAT's etc. It's very handy and if I remember correctly it cost me about 225??
Old 02-20-2012, 08:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S55 AMG
I have been using an app called Torque on my droid phone. Go to ebeay and pick up an ELM 327 OBD II reader and your good to go. However I'm fabricating a couple of gauges in my car to get a better real time read on things goin on.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by mbelite1
I was at a local 1/8 mile drag strip a few months ago and I ran into this guy who had a real nice W211 and was running in the low 7's. HE had this real tricked out scanner that was about the size of an iphone and it was on his A-pillar. He had made the gauges look just like the AMG gauges in his car and he was able to monitor everything via the OBD 2 port. I cant remember the company that made it but I was just wondering what everyone else uses to monitor their engine (i.e. boost, IAC, engine temp, etc). I am looking for something like he had, that was about the size of a Navigation unit and could display everything. Thanks!

And if you have pics and links that would be awesome too guys! Thanks!
Sounds like a Zeitronix Datalogger with the skin setting of gauges. They have a very nice screen. pricey too..around 700 bucks.