S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Any Suggestions?? S55 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
190e, S500, S55 AMG Komp
Any Suggestions?? S55 AMG

Hello yall
Just wanted everyone to know I been a member since 09' my old name was newkid190e, well I am proud to say I am the new owner of a 04 S55 AMG Kompressor just got to day. If anyone has and advise for me I am open to plz let me hear from you. Some how could log in under my old user name but I love this place I started out with a 88 190, then moved up to 98 S500 and now the S55

Last edited by AMG55ME; 03-06-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 GL550, 2004 Audi S4 v8
Congrats!!

Now get us some pictures of your new baby.

I just got an 06 S55, so I'll be posting pics once it gets here.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:26 AM

2005 S55, 2002 E430, 2007 CLK350, 1981 380SL
Check your ABC fluid regularly and I would recommend that you go through the car and change all of the fluids and filters soon after your purchase...Mine is a 2005 with low miles but i have changed everything except the ABC fluid, and I am watching its color closely.
Congrats on your new beast. Take your time learning its limits, they are high so dont try to see how fast it goes the first time you drive it....HaHa.
Mike
Old 03-07-2012, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
to above. Have them pull the ABC codes and history. If no maintenance is required go to the next paragraph.

If fluid is good change the main ABC filter (the one towards the rear of the car) whether it needs it or not. The fluid (pentosin) looks like extra virgin oil oil, kinda, and the filter now is 3-4 micron rather than the original 10. the filter has a wire mesh skeleton inside that sparkles. Don't mistake this color and sparkles as contamination or metal particles. Your tech should know. Use a real MB filter, not an eVay one!

You don't need to do a flush, I am Told, unless you have to replace a major ABC component and only then do you replace both filters.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:49 AM

2005 S55, 2002 E430, 2007 CLK350, 1981 380SL
Originally Posted by grane
to above. Have them pull the ABC codes and history. If no maintenance is required go to the next paragraph.

If fluid is good change the main ABC filter (the one towards the rear of the car) whether it needs it or not. The fluid (pentosin) looks like extra virgin oil oil, kinda, and the filter now is 3-4 micron rather than the original 10. the filter has a wire mesh skeleton inside that sparkles. Don't mistake this color and sparkles as contamination or metal particles. Your tech should know. Use a real MB filter, not an eVay one!

You don't need to do a flush, I am Told, unless you have to replace a major ABC component and only then do you replace both filters.
Can you tell me more about this second filter? this is the first I have heard there are two on the ABC system. let me know the exact location if you can.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 03-09-2012, 07:40 PM

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 S63
I have done a full fluid flush on the ABC system. Fluid comes out dark green, new fluid is bright green. Dissection of the original filter showed no visible debris.

For those of you who are interested I used two filters, 11 liters of Pentosin CHF 11S Hydraulic Oil (same as MB), and STAR DAS.
Procedure is:
Remove all existing fluid from the reservoir with a new clean turkey baster.
Fill-up the reservoir with fresh fluid, and leave the top open to fill in a moment.
Removed the return rubber hose from the reservoir cap assembly and join a 1/2 inch ID hose to it, long enough to go into a large drain bucket.
Get all cans of Hydraulic Oil prepared - unscrew the tops and pull-out the long built-in spout in each can.
Start car and do the rodeo with STAR DAS.
Every time the car height moves, an amount of original oil will drain into the bucket and the fluid in the reservoir will go down slightly. Keep the reservoir topped up as it depletes.
Reservoir must never be empty while pump is on.
The fluid from the cans of Hydraulic Oil comes out really slowly so while its upside down, punch a small hole in the can bottom and it will flow much faster.
You need a buddy.
(be careful now, as when you are done, lay the cans on there sides since you have a hole in the bottom).
Once the return fluid becomes green and almost as clear as the new fluid stop the Rodeo and turn the car off.
Install the FIRST new filter and reassemble the return hose and screw down and seal the system.
Make sure you do not contaminate the new filter. The smallest debris in the fluid can cause a failure.
Restart rodeo and run twice (15 mins each).
Replace the filter with a SECOND new one and top up the level if required.
Always keep a spare can of un-opened ABC fluid in the trunk. It may just get you home one day without further damage if a leak occurs down the road.
Thats it.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:43 PM

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 S63
benzworld.org/forums/w220-s-class/1508080-w220-s-class-encyclopedia-start-here.html