S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Almost pulling trigger on '11 S65

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sl500
Almost pulling trigger on '11 S65

I am a newbie to the forum and want to respectfully ask what I may be missing. I have been looking at S63's for some time and recently ran across this S65. It has all the options I wanted (and more) and I fell in love with it. I have a contract pending at $155k. (which seems like a good deal- price wise at least)

I have not seen the car in person. I did speak with the service advisor from the dealer in Houston where it was serviced and he was kind enough to go over each of the entries on the Carfax. He said the car is a great car but he wouldn't disclose who the first owner was. This car was put into service as a corporate car in January of 2011 and has 23,600 miles on it.

http://www.globalimportcars.com/web/...s-Benz-S65-AMG

The carfax looks good and shows that the car was serviced on its regular intervals but also that on:

5/11 the console was repaired (the service advisor said that there was a slight squeak that they fixed).

12/11 the front door latch was replaced and door trim panel replaced. (the service advisor said the door latch simply was defective and they replaced under warranty)

3/08 failed emissions inspection
3/09 water pump replaced and service completed

Again, the MB service advisor that knows this car said that it is a great vehicle and one of a kind with all of its specific options and for me to 'enjoy'.

Again, I have not seen the car in person and have not had it checked out myself. I was going to travel to Dallas to view the car, but I realized that with my limited knowledge, I probably wouldn't be able to discern if anything serious was awry. Are my calls to the Dealer that has serviced the car and my review of the car fax enough due diligence? (and the fact that the car is still under factory warranty?)

In an effort to not make an expensive mistake, I wanted to ask if this seems like a decent deal? Is there anything obvious (or not so obvious) that I might be missing? Any and all advice appreciated and no offense will be taken if I need to be told I am a rank novice with more money than brains! Thank you
Old 07-17-2012, 12:17 PM

x5 50i
I would say the mileage is a little high for that price, maybe another 5-8k off but with the designo interior and it being 210k base to begin with, most likely 218 out the door brand new. it seems pretty close. I love that color interior, very hard to come by. Looking at an S63 myself with the same interior
Old 07-18-2012, 04:52 PM

2013 Red Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series
S65

I am looking to sell my 2007 S65 33,000 miles to get a new CLS. PM me if you are interested. Pics are in my garage.