S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)
View Poll Results: S55
S55
0%
s55
0%
s55
0%
s55
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

2003 s55amg ABC problem please help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 s55 amg
Talking 2003 s55amg ABC problem please help.

Hello everyone i have 2003 s55amg with 99000 miles, one day i was driving and car completely dropped on me and red ABC light came on. I stopped the car and the car was inches from the ground, so i called the tow to the nearest shop. And they replaced the ABC pump, and they told me theres got to be some air in the system and the car needs a flush, so i took it home after 3500$ parts and labor, now its responding when you push up and down buttons, it goes up and down but the white ABC light still on, however i tested for a week, i raise the car to the highest level and left it for a week, it didt go down, i measured everyday it didt dropped at all, after a week i started to drive it, it drives great. Suspension is all good and level, but the damn ABC light is still on, so i took it to MB dealer and had them flush the system, they told me its only a $600 after few hours they called back and told me that they need to replace the filters and all that and the price is going to be $1300 and that the light would go away. They said RODEO MODE, they called and told me its all good come and get your car. So after i got home the damn light came on again, so after spending $4800 i got left with nothing, thats a lot of money to spend for some stuped system and dont get nothing in return, however today i noticed one thing, if anybody can point me in wright direction the lunch is on me for sure, i noticed this, when you first start the car the car levels up and the ABC light is not on, after few seconds i noticed that the car is very slowly and very unnotisably going down and going up again and going down and going up again, so it does it like that about 10 times and the ABC light comes on. So its like trying to pump the car up all the time, because it is dropping very slowly, PLEASE NOTE IT IS VERY UNNOTISABLE, you have to come out the car and put your hand in beetween the fender and the tire, thats when you can feel its very slowly going down and pump keeps it up again. So please note its not just a 1 suspention. All 4 is going down and up. So please somebody point me in a wright direction, i dont wanna start replacing every single parts to find this problem. Please help. Everyone have a good night.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:56 AM

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
Does the ABC system make a moan noise at all at low rpm's? Seems as though your ABC pressure is not holding steady. The pulsation damper helps the pump build pressure and hold steady at low rpm's. Once the engine increases in speed the ABC system has more volume of fluid for the system to operate correctly. Just a thought really.
On a side note, the rodeo where they flushed the fluid and changed the filters was suppose to be done when the new pump was installed at the same time. AND it sounds like the prices are a bit high to me.
Good luck
Johan
Old 09-12-2012, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 s55 amg
Hi, it does not make any sound, it all working quite, the pump is brand new. Installed a week ago, i didt drove the car till got this Rodeo flush, so dealership called and told me that they could not find the problem, everything checks up ok. While you driving the light is off. As soon as you stop at red light or something the light comes on. If you drive for hours and hours the ABC light is Off, it comes on only after you make a stop. A lot of peoPle telling there air in your system, and needs to be let out, i think when dealership does the rodeo test they also bleed the system dont they??