S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

2008 S63 Misfire Right side only? PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 w203 c230 wit 19 moven brabus style
Unhappy 2008 S63 Misfire Right side only? PLEASE HELP

hey members,

Im having problem with my s63 and the dealership had my car for over 3 week and keep asking me for more time. Ive built a few cars before but nothing like this..

only the right side will misfire Cly. 1,2,3,4

I started off swaping the coil packs over to the other side still had the same problems on 1,2,3,4

then i was told to replace the intake manifold gasket ( possible vacum leak can cause a misfire) replaced that with new bolts tourqed down to speck

Last night i pulled the right side vaulve cover off. OIL LOOKED DIRTY ( getting an oilchange soon)

right side vaulve cover looked a bit beat so I had ordered one.

the reason i pulled the vaulve cover because i heard the timing sometimes get stucks like the BMW VANOS problems. I check that i was fine

I dont knwo where to start anymore and was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction

ps this all hapened after i was getting on it and my drive belt gave out.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 AMG S63
dude, you sound all over the place. what you need to do is stop, think and listen. I hope people will chime in and offer suggestions, but the first part, sounds like you have it at a crappy dealer. can you move the car somewhere else? are there any other dealers close? a more capable mechanic is in need here; I would have the car towed elsewhere and start fresh. hang in there, you can resolve it; don't give in. I spent 3 weeks diagnosing a trans problem, I finally managed to get resolved because I found a dedicated mechanic who was willing to go the extra mile!!!