S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

installed adjustable links and now abc suspension sometimes drops byitself

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 02:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mini Cooper, M5
installed adjustable links and now abc suspension sometimes drops byitself

Hey Guys,

I installed Adjustable air ride links on my car about 2 weeks ago and I must say I love the adjustability and the stance over stock I was able to achieve.

However, I noticed sometimes randomly my car will drop its drivers side down for a brief second then bring it back up as if it is autocorrecting itself. It normally happens after a extended drive on the freeway (over 15 minutes) when I am on the exit ramp. Could I have damaged a ride height sensor when i was installing the links? It happened to me today, and it felt like I have hydraulics as the left side bounced down then up then down at a stop on a offramp. Is it possible my car has the recalled accelerometers that the w215 CLs have? or is this a sign of a damaged ride height sensor? My car has done this a total of 3 times now. I think its the drivers side front, but i cant tell for sure as I am always inside the car when it happens

Thanks

Last edited by xplosiveg06; 12-23-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:53 PM

Mini Cooper, M5
anyone?
Old 12-24-2012, 12:44 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
04 CL55, 05 E500S4, 15 BMW i3 REx
Is the height in your sig its current height?
Old 12-24-2012, 03:03 AM

Mini Cooper, M5
Yes
Old 12-25-2012, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 GL550, 2004 Audi S4 v8
I'd like to know how you know that just the drivers side is dropping...are you in it when it drops or are you standing beside it, watching it do this?

Even if it's just for a sec and you aren't getting the red ABC message, than I would just keep an eye on it. If you are going down the road and you notice this, unless you live on a very straight and level road while it happens, I don't see how you could possibly tell.

Either way let us know what you find. After installing mine, I haven't noticed anything unusual. I had problems at first making sure it was all level, but after that it works like a charm.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:49 PM

Mini Cooper, M5
Originally Posted by xlr8tin
I'd like to know how you know that just the drivers side is dropping...are you in it when it drops or are you standing beside it, watching it do this?

Even if it's just for a sec and you aren't getting the red ABC message, than I would just keep an eye on it. If you are going down the road and you notice this, unless you live on a very straight and level road while it happens, I don't see how you could possibly tell.

Either way let us know what you find. After installing mine, I haven't noticed anything unusual. I had problems at first making sure it was all level, but after that it works like a charm.
i am in it and i can definitely tell its the drivers side because the car tips like a boat and my side is noticably lower for a second (one time it happened pulling into my garage). My girlfriend is in the car with me when it happened last and she could even tell it was coming from the drivers side. my car never give a white or red ABC warning. did you set your ride height level all around? originally my car was half an inch taller on the drivers front tire, but now i set it at a level 26.5in all around.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 GL550, 2004 Audi S4 v8
Originally Posted by xplosiveg06
i am in it and i can definitely tell its the drivers side because the car tips like a boat and my side is noticably lower for a second (one time it happened pulling into my garage). My girlfriend is in the car with me when it happened last and she could even tell it was coming from the drivers side. my car never give a white or red ABC warning. did you set your ride height level all around? originally my car was half an inch taller on the drivers front tire, but now i set it at a level 26.5in all around.
Interesting. Yea mine is level all around...about an inch from the top of the tire on all four corners. I would recheck the driver side then. Maybe the nut on the arm is coming loose, or maybe that side is too low compared to the other corners. It's hard to tell since I'm not there, and no messages are coming up.

How often do it do it? Often enough to get a video of it?