S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

S550 (w221) X Pipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 08:48 PM
SSM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes S550 AMG
Smile S550 (w221) X Pipe

Hi
i did some research i want to add an X-pipe to my car, i have 2008 S550 AMG sport package, i want to install an X pipe to but the problem is that its hard to find any for W221,i sow this video on youtube i like the sound but never found the x pipe, i am looking for a S63 or S65 exhaust system or an X pipe if any one has it pleas let me know, where can i get a good X pipe from?

Thank you

Old 12-16-2013, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 Carrera4
i don't know about 08, mine is 07 and it already has X-pipe stock, where you'd expect the resonator to be.
It was a little baffling to me that it would not have a resonator but aftermarket shop looked at it and it looks like all welds are stock and not aftermarket.

What you are probably looking for is getting an X-pipe placed instead of secondary cats. You dont need any specific manufacturer that says this is for S550 and have them rip you off.
you need to talk to an exhaust shop and tell them what you want to do and what size exhaust you want to run. Should you chose to keep stock piping, i think stock is 2.25, just get any xpipe that is 2.25 inch in diameter and have your shop weld it in place.
most common once people use are magnaflow cross over
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/02xypipes.asp

Also X pipe alone will not give you the sound you hear in the video, its all about the mufflers. if you start removing resonator (if you have one) and secondary catalytic converters, thats when the exhaust will get louder. X pipe will then make it sound smother and not as high pitched/raspy.