S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

new owner of 2004 amg s55 need help/advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 01:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 BMW X5
new owner of 2004 amg s55 need help/advice

Hey guys I recently bought a 2004 amg55. Yes I am late to the party but this is about all I can afford. The car has about 103,000 miles and it is and in excellent to perfect condition. In the last year a new ABC pump has been replaced.. a new windshield wiper pump... and a new remanufactured transmission was put on at 95,000 miles. I have a few questions I hope you guys can help

1. What major problems or maintenance issues. Should look for. At this mileage?

2. Is there any way to increase the MPG. I understand this is a huge engine so it's not the end of the world I was just wondering if there was any mods or ECU that can replace reprogram to get better gas mileage?

3. I have the navigation with the SaT button but there is no box installed what part number do I have to get to get Sirius radio and how much will it cost me. I have looked on ebay and I see many boxes but I cannot find one that fits this 04 s 55..

4. What mods would you guys recommend as far as looks to give it a more aggressive look. Rear spoiler? I have the stock rims and tires should I get aftermarket ?

Thanks for the help in advance I will post some pictures soon

Last edited by zerodegre; 09-13-2013 at 02:04 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-13-2013, 03:14 AM

2003 BMW X5
Also do you guys recommend an extended warranty and if so which company what price range ami looking at
Old 09-15-2013, 08:11 PM

2003 BMW X5
bump?? anyone?
Old 09-15-2013, 11:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
'96 SL600, '05 S55 AMG, '06 C230
Originally Posted by zerodegre
Hey guys I recently bought a 2004 amg55. Yes I am late to the party but this is about all I can afford. The car has about 103,000 miles and it is and in excellent to perfect condition. In the last year a new ABC pump has been replaced.. a new windshield wiper pump... and a new remanufactured transmission was put on at 95,000 miles. I have a few questions I hope you guys can help

1. What major problems or maintenance issues. Should look for. At this mileage?

2. Is there any way to increase the MPG. I understand this is a huge engine so it's not the end of the world I was just wondering if there was any mods or ECU that can replace reprogram to get better gas mileage?

3. I have the navigation with the SaT button but there is no box installed what part number do I have to get to get Sirius radio and how much will it cost me. I have looked on ebay and I see many boxes but I cannot find one that fits this 04 s 55..

4. What mods would you guys recommend as far as looks to give it a more aggressive look. Rear spoiler? I have the stock rims and tires should I get aftermarket ?

Thanks for the help in advance I will post some pictures soon
Congrats on your new acquisition.

1) Poke around and read through the threads. Frankly, that's the best way to get up to speed on what to expect or be cautious of. This question has been answered before, in different favors of answers.

2) No idea. If fuel savings was in your top 5 criteria, then this is not the car for you. These beasts get reasonable mileage (relative and subjective, I agree) if you drive with a feather foot. Most mods burn more, not less, fuel.

3) Satelitte radio hardware can be installed, but the kit has more than just 'a box', so be careful with FleeceBay. Best bet would be to go to local MB dealer and inquire about the official part number. They may give you the parts list and installation instructions. There are/were different kits depending on year, options, etc. To my knowledge, there is not a one-size-fits-all Satelitte kit.

4) This question will garner a different answer from anyone who responds. This is really personal taste. Poke around the picture gallery and see what you like. Then contact the owner, etc.

Cheers,
Jeff
Old 09-16-2013, 03:39 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
Everyone I know of, usually gets ever dime out of an aftermarket warranty. Just find a good one.

Nice car and you will enjoy it.

A tune and pulley combo will help MPG and give big gains on power, when you hit the gas!

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 09-17-2013, 12:51 PM

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 S63
Everything you wanted to know about your w220
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w220...tart-here.html
Old 09-22-2013, 05:58 PM

2003 BMW X5
Hey guys.. I have googled... searched the threads for days trying to figure this out.. seems like a lot of threads get hijacked and not answered or misinformation

so here is my setup... 2004 S55 with V60 phone connector mounted in armrest.. with Sat button on the comand radio unit, but no SAT box..

SIRIUS: what box do i need?? i have read so many threads of different boxes working on this model? one post said this box works A 211 870 33 89 but others say it will not.. is there an EXACT model box I need for this model of car i have?? and what elese is needed.. it is prewired for sAT

BLUETOOTH: I read that the 2004 is a strang model cause the standard dongle will not work with this? part B67875856... is part
B67875855 with the tail the only part that will give me bluetooth?? also i heard tale of BMW dongles working or any non-OEM solutions... PLEASE confirm exactly what i need

I REALLY need help with my exact model only.. if you have experience with this lmk.. i assume the S430/s500/s600/s55 all would use the same thing if it has the same setup as mine

Thanks guys