S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

Dynamic Seat Pump

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 S55 AMG
Dynamic Seat Pump

Guys and gals I have a small problem with my car. Just recently, the mult-contour seat, dynamic seat and the pulse for the 2 front seats stopped working. I searched online and I thought great my pump went out. In any case, I was going to order the pump until last night I decided to sit at the rear seats. I adjusted the lumbar and to my surprise, I could hear the pump working and the rear seat lumbar bladder was filling with air.

Is this a sign of a bad pump? I don't think it's the lines but if it was, what are the chances of the driver and passenger lines getting disconnected or broken at the same time? I get the flashing lights on pulse for both driver and passenger seats. Bummer, at least the soft close function still works since from what I understand it is also powered by the same pump?

I tried disconnecting the pump and plugging it back in and the pulse button would stay on without blinking but the bladders will not fill air at all. After a few tries, the pulse will start blinking again. Sigh...any insight would be greatly appreciated.

On the other hand, I hope to see some S AMG's next sat on Laguna Seca! Thank you in advance again
Old 11-01-2013, 02:02 PM
H35

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
W220 S55
It's a line somewhere in the system. I had the same issue and it ended up being a line at the pump that had popped off. It looked like it was connected but it wasn't. Pump is on the driver's side in the trunk, behind the side panel.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 S55 AMG
Ok thank you! I'll check on it. Is the line on the pump itself or on the black "accumulator" box?