S55 AMG, S65 AMG , S63 AMG (W220, W221) 2001 - 2013 (Two Generations)

New Member done lots of homework but need ABC help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 S55 , 12 Acura TL SH , '09 F150 4x4
New Member done lots of homework but need ABC help

Hi Guys , new here, I have an '04 S55. I developed an ABC leak, I kept my pump resevoir topped up, UI traced it to the Banjo out of the pump area.

I replaced the seals which didnt help, I am thinking that the tube that attaches the banjo to the (pulsation dampner???) is fractured as it is evident that the bracket snapped and the banjo coupling must have cracked. Can anyone confirm what that cylindrical part in the picture is? is it the pulsation dampner, it feeds in off the pump and then goes out to the High pressure line.

I cant find it or a part # any where, most of all I would like to know its function and if it is one of the modified (later model) pumps that moves the pulsation dampner directly onto the pump.

getting it out is a real bugger, with the bracket broken and no room to work, I try to disconnect the output of this piece and the pressure line takes all the torque out of my wrench. Ughhh, not giving up, I want it out and will pressure test it, and possibly TIG weld it, but would like to know its function... here is the picture, it is nowhere to be found in any documentation I have seen or read about. They say it is just part of the high pressure line, which I would like to avoid changing. it is the type with the light greenish seals on the banjo.

Last edited by 99mikehamilton; 06-27-2016 at 10:23 PM. Reason: my image link drew in some spam... eliminated it will insert image
Old 06-27-2016, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 S55 , 12 Acura TL SH , '09 F150 4x4
Yes this thing, I cant think of anything it does, what is its purpose, other than being a post pump resevoir... what purpose does it serve?, I got the sob out, vry stubborn. It is very solid and I cant see any possiblility of it leaking unless it is a pinhole somewhere... Can this thing be bypassed and just go from pump P port out port where the first banjo is fed directly to the second banjo? I am hoping my pump is not the leak culprit...